• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hornbys 2012 Range - Range Details Now Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Well, Realtrack Models do say they have another DMU under their hats, so we shall see! considering the amount of work Realtrack are putting into their 143/144s...Then If anyone is to produce a deccent 142, then it be them!
It's nothing but speculation on my part, but you would indeed think that it would make logical sense for Realtrack to get a foothold on the market with the quality of their class 143 and 144 models, and to assess the size of the market that is there for detailed Pacer models, and then follow up with a 142 that is up to the same spec as their 143 and 144.

Personally, I am looking forward to hopefully seeing class 143 models in BR Provincial and Tyne and Wear PTE liveries as they were delivered at some point in the future, once Realtrack have worked through the more recent liveries.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

chris89

Established Member
Got to say very impressed with the new range from Hornby.

The 67 looks fantastic and a well needed upgrade for those and the new 42xx, 52xx and 72xx are very indeed welcome from me :)

Chris

Roylang

Personally, I am looking forward to hopefully seeing class 143 models in BR Provincial and Tyne and Wear PTE liveries as they were delivered at some point in the future, once Realtrack have worked through the more recent liveries.

Am I the only one that thinks that some of the earlier liveries would actually be more popular than the more modern ones?

Or am I just old ;)

Roy

sprinterguy

Established Member
Am I the only one that thinks that some of the earlier liveries would actually be more popular than the more modern ones?

Or am I just old ;)

Roy
I suppose the more recent liveries will appeal to younger enthusiasts (who are likely to have parents willing to fork out for expensive models) and to those older enthusiasts who have only really "got into" railways in the last few years. People who want to own a representative model of what they can see today on the real railway. So in those instances, there might be a greater market for up to date models than for those who remember the 143s and the 144s in their younger days.

Personally, the BR Provincial and Tyne and Wear liveried 143s were what was prevalent in my local area when I was a kid so that's where my interest stems from, and I haven't been at all keen on many of the liveries that the 143s and 144s have carried post-privatisation, except, possibly, for Valley Lines on the 143s and Northern livery on the 144s.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
It's always struck me as a bit odd that unlike other modelling hobbies (airfix-type stuff, Wargames {Games Workshop etc})), unpainted kits are unusual among model rail rather than being the rule. With decal kits and good painting guides, the "want a Class xxx in yyyyyy Livery" thing would be dealt with at a stroke. Could even have modular kits allowing related classes to be sold as a single kit- there's no reason why, say, a combined 350/450/360 kit wouldn't work.

Established Member
I am still waiting to see if a company would produce a type of train i have worked on. For 30+ years the only things i have seen are the locomotives. I have not seen any of the multiple units that i have worked on. Class 115s, Class 313s, Class 172s & Class 378s. Now the 378 is fairly new so i understand a model may not be coming out anytime soon. A slight tool manufacturing could quite easily get a class 172. As for the class 313s i am quite shocked bearing in mind the choice of liveries you could have, and the fact they could be quite easily be converted to other classes ie the 507,508,315s etc. Perhaps Bachmann and Hornby dont like me.

chris89

Established Member
For the 25kv AC EMU's its going to be very dependent on how well Bachmann's Class 350 does. If it really does do well, more and more will bound to appear. Same as for new 25kv locomotives with Bachmann's 85 and the existing Heljan 86's.

Also for different versions the 450 is extremely easy to do with the 350/1 basicly just remove the Pantograph and you have one. Which would be great to see.

Chris

Cymroglan

This is probably a daft question, but do you reckon there's any realistic possibility of a 00 model of the Park Royal dmus - Class 103? My dad used to drive them in Nort Wales, and I enjoyed riding them, (and cadging the odd cab ride), on the WSR.
I'll probably give up waiting for a Park Royal and buy the Bachmann Derby Lightweight dmu which also has happy memories for me!

dubscottie

A new Mk2 A/C would have been nice.. Looking at the bottom of an Airfix one I have it has..
Copyright Airfix 1975!!

If Hornby still has it in its range in 2015 that coach tooling will be 40 years old!
Also Made In Hong Kong. Anyone else remember when everything you got was made there??

jopsuk

Veteran Member
As for the class 313s i am quite shocked bearing in mind the choice of liveries you could have, and the fact they could be quite easily be converted to other classes ie the 507,508,315s etc.
Quite- one kit, with suitable parts/modular design, would give you 313, 314, 507 and 508- and an "expansion" set of a single carriage would give you 315 and the four-car 508s.

Hornby could probably easily do it- they do after all own Airfix, they could supply the paints, glues, tools etc.

Ap474

The 67 certainly looks like it will be a good model although I am not an expert on skips, very pleased about 60007 and 60099. Especially 99 as I do like that one.

I do wonder when we will get a large logo 56 though?! Thought 2012 might be the year!

Status
Not open for further replies.