• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Horsforth (W. Yorkshire) to Ipswich 2/1/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kier

Hi,

I booked an East Coast advance ticket from Horsforth to Ipswich on Jan 2nd (attending the Ipswich v. Nottm Forest match) leaving Horsforth at 06.48 arriving into Ipswich at 11.28.

This was booked back in October. However, NXEA have revised their timetable for the day and the 09.45 from Peterborough to Ipswich is no longer running and there is no train until 11.45 from Peterborough (Or 10.18 on a XC train changing at Cambridge).

Will I be entitled to travel on one of the alternative trains from Peterborugh? Would EC also refund my ticket (It is a lot of hassle now).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
I take it the route is EC + CONNECTIONS? If that is the case, you can travel on any reasonable connecting service.

I don't think EC will refund your ticket however.

Kier

I take it the route is EC + CONNECTIONS? If that is the case, you can travel on any reasonable connecting service.

I don't think EC will refund your ticket however.

The route is "Peterboro & EC".

I didn't hold much hope of EC refunding my ticket to be honest. Would prefer to get the later train from Peterborough and just go direct.

Would there be any chance of EC letting me travel on a later train so I wouldn't have to twiddle my thumbs in Peterborough for 2.5 hours?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I advise you contact East Coast, and let us know what they say.

As one of the trains you intended to catch is cancelled, I believe you are entitled to a refund, if that's what you want.

tony_mac

Established Member
They should also pay a £10 administration fee, as that is the minimum it would cost if you decided to unilaterally change the travel plans.
I bet they don't, though!

lemonic

You would almost certainly be able to get the 10:18 from Peterborough, travelling via Cambridge. You only arrive just over an hour late, so as long as you don't mind this, you'll get all your money back for the single as compensation.

34D

Established Member
You would almost certainly be able to get the 10:18 from Peterborough, travelling via Cambridge. You only arrive just over an hour late, so as long as you don't mind this, you'll get all your money back for the single as compensation.

Good point ;)

Opinions anyone, re going on an earlier EC (in order to then get an earlier peterborough-cambridge-ipswich service, so as to arrive ipswich by the contracted time?

Kier

Have contacted NXEA who have told me I should be able to travel on the 10.18 from Peterborough.

EC (surprise, surprise) refuse to budge in offering me any sort of refund or travel on an alternative train simply saying it is down to NXEA to offer me alternatives.

EC are atrocious when it comes to customer service. Will be glad when they no longer run the line.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Kier, where did you book the ticket? Can you PM me with details of who you spoke to at EC? I'd be minded to get the later train and send the ticket to NXEA for a 100% refund however if you do not wish to travel we could pursue EC for a refund, if they were the point of sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.