• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How do I book a train in England please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael C

Hi from France, from where I would like to book a return ticket from St Pancras to Liverpool in June. The problem is that since I left England 25 years ago there is no longer just British Rail but several companies, and there is only one company in France too. That means I am not used to choosing rail companies:(.

So could anyone tell me how to go about choosing the right company via internet? Are all booking companies (there seem to be a lot of them) the same? Or are there any particularly reputable or disreputable sites? Thank you for your help...:)

Michael

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thelem

Although there are several companies that operate the trains, they all sell tickets for each other so you can buy tickets from any operator's website or ticket office.

Most of the london - liverpool journey will be with Virgin (www.virgintrains.com), but I would recommend booking a ticket through www.londonmidland.com as their site is easier to use.

See http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32254 for more about the various websites and differences between them. London Midland is WebTIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.