• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How has this Delay Repay been calculated ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheff1

Established Member
I have just received a Rail Travel Voucher after making a claim because of a delayed XC train. I have been unable to work out how the the amount has been calculated and wondered if any of the knowledgeable folk on here could assist ?

Facts:

* Journey was Sheffield to Berwick-upon-Tweed and the delay was 32 mins (confirmed by XC)

* Ticket used was a North East 4 in 8 day Flexirover costing £62.70.

* RTV is for 61p

>>>>>

As far as I am aware the way compensation should be calculated for rover is not documented anywhere but, based on previous claims and various discussions on here, I expected something like:

* £62.70 apportioned equally across the 4 days, i.e. £15.68 a day.

* Affected journey treated as one half of a daily return journey (as per calculations for season tickets) - £7.84.

* 50% compensation for a delay of 32 mins - £3.92.

I have considered a few other methods and none come to anywhere near 61p.

Any ideas ?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Your calculation is in line with what I have seen over the years.

Probably just a miscalculation, although I once received 52p from XC which on questioning turned out to be £41.

Send it back and ask for an explanation.

Starmill

Veteran Member
This methodology is consistent with what I have had from various companies for multi-day Rovers before. Possibly they meant to offer you £6.1x and lost a digit.

higthomas

Perhaps the estimate people on Rovers make approximatly 25 journeys per day? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.