• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How knowledgeable are Platform staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexS

Established Member
Leicester staff are excellent, as are Wolverhampton.

The Network Rail New Street staff are shocking with some few exceptions. They generally just grunt.

One boss eyed bint when asking her if she knew if the train I was sat on was cancelled or not, because the board kept flashing between cancelled and on time, just growled 'check that board'. Never mind the fact she was stood there waiting to dispatch it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wyvern

Established Member
Staff at Loughborough are usually very helpful and polite.

Do they still make everyone stand back against the wall when an express comes through?

I've not been there since it was the LMS running it. :D

ivanhoe

Do they still make everyone stand back against the wall when an express comes through?

I've not been there since it was the LMS running it. :D

Not quite but if you're behind the yellow line you're nearly at the wall:D

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I asked if they knew about the "missing CrossCountry service", and they said that they didn't know and were waiting for a Valley Line service to take them home!

Can be a bugger to find staff at central other than train crew, I couldn't even tell you where the help desk is (if there is one) and I work for the company lol. That service definitely runs on weekdays, but I'm not so sure about it running on a sunday? I've certainly never seen in run on a sunday, perhaps someone messed up there?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Meant B'ham Newstreet. sorry for taking a while to reply.

aye BNS is Barnes lol

class313

One man at Kensington Olympia (jon, i think) is very good, he gives out manual announcements whenever a train is late. And he is very good with special trains as well e.g when the Princess Elizabeth (6201) was going through on Saturday, he put through the tannoy where is was every so often and if it was late, he even told everyone which platform it would be going onto, because there was a huge confusion about that. can't get better service than that

Status
Not open for further replies.