• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

how long for a delay repay-Virgin West Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdrennan

what is the maximum time for a delay repay.

I had one on the 21st Nov and got paid in a week. However a claim on the 29th is still outstanding. Just wondered if there is a maximum time before I should complain. I did a follow up email after 30 days but no response.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gazthomas

Established Member
I think they're probably overloaded. I had a delay processed just now in a couple of weeks, but that was simple VTWC advance so was no doubt done automatically. I would wait a little while more

sdrennan

thanks, I had just wondered what was a realistic time limit before it is worth chasing

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Twenty working days is the benchmark DfT uses so once that is exceeded it is quite reasonable to chase it up.

Unfortunately as some say workload can be variable during the year so just bear that in mind. I, for example, have a six-week backlog at the moment so some customers would have been waiting for a while but it can't always be helped such is the nature of the industry.

sdrennan

thanks, sounds like I am past the benchmark but will give them a bit more time before complaining

thanks

gray1404

Established Member
Their Twitter team are good at this. i.e. if you have been allocated a reference number they can give you an update i.e. letter in the post already or still waiting to be looked it. If it has been overlooked they can also ensure the right people deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.