• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How many frecciarosas run during a strike?

Niko556

There's an Italian rail strike on Friday. I've seen the list of trains that still run during a strike. What about the rest? General feeling from googling is maybe yes, maybe no, find out on the day.
What are people's experiences of whether any/some of the Frecciarosas not on the list run?
Milan to Rome in case that makes a difference.
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SLTRegular

Everything seemed to run normally in Naples didn't notice any change at all between Thursday and Friday's train services. Except more graffitied trains in service on Friday where as on Thursday there wasn't a single vandalised train in service.

EAD

Hi can I just check you mean this Friday, 15 March? There was a general strike last Friday, 8 March which is pretty standard where International Women's Day is a focal point for strikes. This week based on Italian media I can only see tomorrow (13 March) where RFI (Italian version of Network Rail) staff responsible for infrastructure maintenance being on strike over their contractual conditions. From 18 March a round of local transport strikes kick off (by region) but I have not gone into them.

Niko556

I was referring to the 8th. My experience in practice (in case the info helps others for future strikes) was that at Milan at the afternoon peak ~95% of frecciarosas were running. My friend saw the same at Naples. Some trains were delayed, not sure if that was typical or not.

SLTRegular

I was referring to the 8th. My experience in practice (in case the info helps others for future strikes) was that at Milan at the afternoon peak ~95% of frecciarosas were running. My friend saw the same at Naples. Some trains were delayed, not sure if that was typical or not.
Everything was delayed but ran from my observations.

EAD

Sorry - that makes sense of course. For some reason the site made it look like this was posted this week for me, hence my confusion thinking but there aren't any big strikes this week.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Do most intercity services run too? I'm on the Rome to Palermo on the 24th March when there is supposed to be a strike.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm on the 0724 hopefully it runs