• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to get to Colton Juncton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilLoaf

Just wondering whats the easiest way to get to Colton Junction near York. Other than jumping out the window of an HST that is. Planning on using the car and coming down the A1 from Newcastle. Just wondering what road junction i need to dive of at to get to Colton Juncton.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LilLoaf

Cheers pal. Thats great. So anyone been there before then whats it like? In terms of police arresting people for well anything, illegal parking, terrorists, that sort of thing just to get you away from the area. Any advice for first time visitor, good pub nearby, decent cafe, chip shop. Local shop for can of pop. That sort of thing.

theblackwatch

Established Member
I'd suggest taking some food or drink with you! Theres a McDonalds by the A64 junction where you turn off for Colton, and a pub in Colton village itself (which is about a mile from the junction) - thats about it.

Theres no problem parking, when there's a railtour there can be up to 25-30 cars there and theres room off the main road.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
you could join us on one of our occasional cycle rides around the area. not sure yet when the next one will be.

Bayum

Established Member
It's an alright place.

Can be a bit weird at times, when you'll have trains constantly for like 10 minutes... And then nothing for a while.

I wasn't too keen on it... Was slightly too close to the track for my liking... Talk about getting blown away by a 91 =|

But then again - I was at the place a bit further up the line, so ya know

Status
Not open for further replies.