• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HST at Euston??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg1

Established Member
Just left Euston and I could have sworn I caught a glimpse of a HST sitting in one of the low numbered platforms. Was there one booked to be there (the NMT maybe) or did I imagine it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A Challenge

Established Member
There's nothing unusial in Euston at the moment according to the track map (from OTT):
upload_2018-1-29_18-5-27.png

Ianno87

Veteran Member
NMT only booked Tuesdays/Wednesdays last time I looked? At least the Fast Line runs anyway.

Was it a 90 or something stabled for the sleeper? Though during day, that's often in the siding between 15 and 16.

gg1

Established Member
I doubt it was a class 90, whenever I 've seen locos stabled at Euston they're at the buffers, this was the opposite end of the platform. tbh if it's not the NMT I think it must have been my eyes playing tricks on me (it was only the briefest of glimpses as my train was departing), I can't see any reason why a HST of another TOC would be there.

Boodiggy

NMT only booked Tuesdays/Wednesdays last time I looked? At least the Fast Line runs anyway.

Was it a 90 or something stabled for the sleeper? Though during day, that's often in the siding between 15 and 16.

NMT doing fasts this Wednesday. Will be in P7 for about an hr from 1430.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
My suspect is a 221 or a repainted 390?

The latter do look a little odd, and if glimpsed through a gap...??

Status
Not open for further replies.