• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

hst fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

hstmatt

Hi i have just found out that theres a hst on fire at northallerton does anyone know how it caught fire and what is the damage to it .

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hstmatt

ok well thats good if it dosnt get scrapped also will 90042 be getting scrapped that caught fire at castleford junction.

BestWestern

Established Member
Hmm again it depends on the damage I would think, but probably more likely in that case as they're withdrawing 90s and probaly have serviceable undamaged ones they can replace it with, rather than doing pricey repairs :|

fgwrich

Established Member
Highly unlikely to be scrapped unless it's totally gutted.

Certainly not in East Coasts timetables! No doubt it'll be off to Craigentinny or Brush in the next few weeks, no doubt receiving a new colour scheme if it visits the latter, and give it a few months will be back out and about in the ECML.

Does make you wonder whether its down to East Coasts Eureka timetable again - rush jobs on maintenance / depot turn around times reduced? Seems EC are sending out half completed work on their HST sets at the moment as i noticed during turn around time two HSTs in Kings Cross a couple of weeks ago, several of the Air Con Modules missing from some of the Mk3s...

And with the increasing rate of failure on the 91s - Is Eureka a timetable too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.