• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HST Stock Wabtec Kilmarnock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davido38

I have been watching with interest in the last couple of weeks as I visit the local Morrisons store (next door to Wabtec Kilmarnock) at the various work being undertaken with the ex East Midland Trains stock, I noticed that the EMT stock still carries the EMT livery but have East Coast branding.

This could be wild speculation, but could this be a hint of things to come? I know there have been no official announcement to whom is taking the East Coast Franchise but with the HST stock staying in EMT livery could Brian Souter and his mighty unstoppable transport empire be eyeing up his next, shall we say next victim? Discuss :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
It's just the set transferred from EMT to EC, nothing special going on at all.

davido38

Goodness me that was quick :shock::lol: take it its extra stock needed for the start of the Eureka Timetable then.

Darandio

Established Member
I presume so, although there was a set on hire for quite a while before that. I imagine that was to cover for the set shortfalls going for repaint/refit though.

davido38

Either way its good to see Webtec has faith in the Kilmarnock plant long may it continue.

silentone

It was sent to Kilmarnock as they were undertaking all the work in relation to catering alterations. The set has been altered for the new catering and I believe is also receiving Wifi and possibly sockets.

No word on whether it will ever receive a Mallard refit, but I do believe it was a past requirement that any new acquired stock was brought up to the same standard.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
It was sent to Kilmarnock as they were undertaking all the work in relation to catering alterations. The set has been altered for the new catering and I believe is also receiving Wifi and possibly sockets.

No word on whether it will ever receive a Mallard refit, but I do believe it was a past requirement that any new acquired stock was brought up to the same standard.

To everyones knowledge that ive spoke to (on here and in person) it is recieving a relivery, wifi and catering changes. No sure about sockets and im 99% sure it isnt recieving mallard refurb any time soon.

Helvellyn

Established Member
From what I've heard NL05 and the two power cars transferred from East Midlands will still be maintained at Neville Hill, as the power cars are retaining their VP185 engines. Might suggest that the set will operate on a fixed diagram?

Status
Not open for further replies.