• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HULL TRAINS LHCS 86101+87022 starts this Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
The long awaited arrival of HT Class 86 is happening this weekend!
The dgm will be (FRI) 2010 DON-KGX, (SAT) 0934 KGX-DON, (SUN) 1104 DON-KGX + 1444 KGX-DON. It is also anticipated that the loco hauled convoy will operate a trip on Saturday midday from Doncaster to Kings X and return but at present this is not the case as First GBRailfreight cannot provide the relevant drivers at this time, however we remain hopeful in this matter.
The formation will be as follows:
(DONCASTER) 86101+5xMK3+1xMK2BSO+87022 (KINGS X)

I am so tempted to do this! infact I will give the Lincoln 47s a miss!!

I bet Red Cow will be happy to get some 87 mileage for 2007 ;)

Also the diagram will be covered by myself at all times (as part of insurance, manager must be onboard)

Yeah yeah, excuses excuses, you just want the AC mileage don't you!? <D :lol: :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
How long will they be using the 87 instead of a DVT?
Until the DVT is ready! :lol:

GB are anticipating until the end of December hence the hire in of the 47 for mail standby duties, *but* that is by no means guaranteed and you should take each week as it comes. The DVT isn't far off having all the major outstanding work completed (new wheelsets, OTMR, repaint etc) but it does need some pretty extensive testing after 5+ years in store.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Great news regarding the 86/7 combo! Glad to see that Hull Trains have finally overcome their problems and got something up and running. The diagrams are slightly naff though, probably at the most inconvenient times (although it's better than nothing :)).

In response in peoples questions, Adalantes and Pioneers will be branded in First Group dynamic lines livery and Adalantes will be refurbished with new kitchen facilities and will commence operation late February/early March (hopefully).

Poor move in my opinion, Hull Trains has a very recognisable and unique image in the form of the green/gold! Now they're just going to look like any other First TOC, which isn't neccessarily a great image to carry!

Mr. hulltrains. Will no doubt be useful for some of those reading, can you confirm if any (and which) trains are subject to priv. ticket barring please?

AlexS

Established Member
I think... that traincrew should be left to do their jobs without having the beady glare of management at all times.

ONE manager to fulfill insurance requirements in this stupid railway we have today, possibly. Teams to check up on staff at all times though, I don't agree with.

And no, I'm not a person who is just miffed at the loss of free travel or whatnot that might occur. No staff pass and I couldn't afford said rovers if I wanted one!

I don't think any are subject to Priv restrictions on a weekend.

T

Tom

I am surprised that Chiltern won't get free travel - after all they are part of the Reconnaissance Railways open access operation for WSMR.

hulltrains also posted that WSMR staff passes will be accepted.

hulltrains

Can i just point out that Chiltern Railways have been very unhelpful to use in the past and despite the Renaissance Trains resemblance, WSMR passes will be accepted at the request of one of my dad's friendas who works for WSMR... Can i please ask staff of other TOCs/FOC's not to ask if their passes will be valid - we would like to make some kind of profit out of the LHCS, it is already costing a lot of money and we havent used it on a revenue earning service yet!

T

Tom

Fair enough!

hulltrains, you will have a PM from me in a second.

Oracle

Established Member
Good luck with the services! And I loved the bit about "hassle"! Years ago on a special LHCS behind a celebrity diesel, a future railway magazine editor (by then a staff writer I think) was berated by BR's charter train manager for putting his feet on seats! The cost of cleaning and effort required was included in the tirade.

djw1981

Established Member
HT, this does start to look as if it is being made up as you go along... also why is a roster clerk classed as a manager? - genuine question - or is it because HT is such a small dynamic company that you all do 2 roles...?

hulltrains

This is a complicated one...

As FHT is a small company, costs are kept to a minimum if possible to prevent any such loss. As a Train Crew Roster Clerk i am a manager of the train crew and i am directly responsible to them. My dad is Senior Train Crew Manager and hence he is responsible for all train crew and also office staff. We have no managers for Performance, Safety or Special Projects and hence we undertake these roles also. To incorporate all into one title would be impossible! My dad is also Revenue Manager and is responsible for all types of ticketing, revenue control and protection. I hope this at least explains some of FHT Management roles.

Oracle

Established Member
Sounds excellent! Multi-skilled and multi-tasked! I suppose that's what we do in our family (though I.m not, the exception) publishing house of Trans-Pennine Publishing.

southy39

Can i just point out that Chiltern Railways have been very unhelpful to use in the past and despite the Renaissance Trains resemblance, WSMR passes will be accepted at the request of one of my dad's friendas who works for WSMR... Can i please ask staff of other TOCs/FOC's not to ask if their passes will be valid - we would like to make some kind of profit out of the LHCS, it is already costing a lot of money and we havent used it on a revenue earning service yet!

no offense and not to try to pull you down but it was my understanding that Bombardier/Thier Insurers are coverig the cost.

However if that is wrong i appologise.

Demps

Thats excellent, thanks for the heads up 'manager'.

Nice to see 87022 is on aswell, that blue will blend nicely.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
no offense and not to try to pull you down but it was my understanding that Bombardier/Thier Insurers are coverig the cost.

However if that is wrong i appologise.
I think that is true to a large extent, but there must be some loss to HT, as I doubt the insurance covers absolutely everything. Of course we can only speculate.

Oracle

Established Member
Insurance is in theory fine, but no company will pay out unless it has to by law, and then only to the barest extent that they legally have to. Incidental costs may well not be covered, such as hire of replacements, and then it may be at some artificial figure that bears no relation to real costs.

djw1981

Established Member
Also, any additional staff training costs, costs of maintenance, and additional maintenance staff costs over the past few months when sets have been working harder than normal.

southy39

well given that Bombardier were at fault, with the damage caused to 103 caused by Bombardiers Lifting jacks faling, and the maintainance of the units the responsablity of Bombardier.. then it would be their responsability either through insurance or avoiding the insurance to avoid premium rises...

last thing they want to do is lead other companies within the industry who use or may in the future use their products ie. TfL, AXC and many others to think that they shirk their responsability for the products when it comes to stock repairs.

1VWC

well given that Bombardier were at fault, with the damage caused to 103 caused by Bombardiers Lifting jacks faling, and the maintainance of the units the responsablity of Bombardier.. then it would be their responsability either through insurance or avoiding the insurance to avoid premium rises...

last thing they want to do is lead other companies within the industry who use or may in the future use their products ie. TfL, AXC and many others to think that they shirk their responsability for the products when it comes to stock repairs.
Unless you know the facts, don't speculate.

paul1609

Established Member
hull trains,
have to say as someone not employed in the rail industry that your posts offering concessions on hull trains on railuk are less than creditable to me.
I'm only pointing this out because I think that some of the younger members here may well be misled by what you say.

Feel free to pm me if i am wrong

Techniquest

Veteran Member
So this IS going to happen?

Have the laboratories finally got the wings to grow from the pigs yet?

I'm taking this with an enormous pinch of salt. Whilst it will be awesome if it happens (an 86 and an 87 on the ECML in 2007...!), I've lost faith in it ever setting off.

hulltrains

For the record, all passes that would normally be accepted on FHT services (i.e. staff boxes, protected or otherwise) will be accepted. The only problems we are expecting is the use of Rail Rover tickets that are NOT valid on FHT services (East Midlands/North East), PRIV ticket holders either a) not in possession of a legal PRIV card and b) Staff asking to travel in First Class accomodation by showing their TOC card (this will not be available, please note). The whole situation seems to of gotten a little out of hand a little!!

For the record, Bombardier paid for the hiring of the LHCS set, loco(s) and DVT. First Hull Trains have lost considerable amounts of money through this venture - staff training, additional track access charges, hiring of First GBRailFreight drivers, costs relating to mid-week stabling at Doncaster... The list is endless! Not to mention the expected complaints from passengers seeking compensation for changes of trains at Doncaster and also for the train not been formed of the usual Pioneers, then we will have the 1st Class passengers complaining of their been no complimentary hot food available on the LHCS set... It is quite honestly, not worth running... But on the bright side I have gained considerable overtime out of this project.

Some of you may be interested to know that the project is called 'PROJECT 86AC' - interesting name but our 180 introduction is far superior, 'PROJECT ADALANTE EXPRESS' - any thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.