• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull Trains Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

SqUaShIe P

Hey y'all
Im onboard a hull trains service at the moment. (18.50 from Kings Cross) The service is formed of an un-refurbished cl.180. I didnt look at the unit number when I boarded. Its got no plug sockets and no wifi :( It still has the emergency hammers to break windows and on the outside, the train is in unbranded old FGW livery (dark blue with gold and pink stripe)
Ive travelled on Hull Trains quite a bit over the last few weeks but this is my first time I have been on this set. Does anyone know where this unit has come from? Has it come out of storage? I did have a breif look but couldnt find anything about this. And does this mean the GC set has gone back to GC?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BOSCH

Hey y'all
Im onboard a hull trains service at the moment. (18.50 from Kings Cross) The service is formed of an un-refurbished cl.180. I didnt look at the unit number when I boarded. Its got no plug sockets and no wifi :( It still has the emergency hammers to break windows and on the outside, the train is in unbranded old FGW livery (dark blue with gold and pink stripe)
Ive travelled on Hull Trains quite a bit over the last few weeks but this is my first time I have been on this set. Does anyone know where this unit has come from? Has it come out of storage? I did have a breif look but couldnt find anything about this. And does this mean the GC set has gone back to GC?

180102 has gone to Hull Trains and 180101 will be returning to GC in the near future AFAIK ! ;)

SqUaShIe P

Cheers Bosch :)
Do you know where 180 102 had came from? It was really clean inside, and it smelt abit like brown sugar instead if that usual sewage smell.

I just did a little more looking round and seen its been with HT for a while or previously. I must have just never noticed it/travelled on it

Last edited:

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
For now 101 and 102 are both on hire
to HT, just observed 101 on the 1125 DON-HUL and 102 was stabled at Hull. Can only imagine this is due to the mechanical overhaul the HT 180s are currently receiving?

Status
Not open for further replies.