• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I need some trip planning help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

holl1984

I'm in need of some help because I'm clueless and don't know where to start.

My son is 3 and train mad. He loves nothing more than trips on trains, watching trains on YouTube and of course, at 3 years old he obviously loves playing with trains. We went to Blackpool on the train 2 weeks ago from greenbank and he was able to tell me tonight exactly which trains he had been on (anything northern), which train the guard made him cry on (tpe) and which train was the naughty train (because it wasn't ours...east Midlands).

He however, wants to go on a virgin train - in fact he is desperate. Now, here's where I need your help.

I'm planning on making his little 3 year old dreams come true during October half term (end of next month). Sadly, I'm stuck to school holidays as I have a 5 year old son too (who this trip won't interest in the slightest but a few bribes and an iPad with headphones so he can watch pokemon and yokai watch will see him right) so I get that there is every chance that services will be busy. This may also work in my favour though as I have a friends and family railcard so may bring the cost of things down.

Can anyone help me plan a fab, cheapish day on a few trains? It must start from greenbank and finish at greenbank and must take in at least 2 trips on a virgin train. I will also be travelling with a just turned 1 year old so will be needing to take 1 stroller (I baby wear as well so they can take it in turns). Thank you in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Depending on how long you wanted each journey to be, or how many trains you wished to travel on, a Cheshire Day Ranger would allow you as many Virgin Trains as you could handle between Warrington and Crewe and Manchester and Crewe / Stoke, and would cover you from Greenbank or Hartford as necessary.

Edit - Map here for the aforementioned ticket http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/static/documents/promotions/Cheshire_Day_Ranger.pdf

holl1984

Fantastic. That sounds exactly like what I am looking for. Thanks for the suggestion

holl1984

Sadly, this trip is looking at being pushed back to Feb half term as poor lad has broke his foot (he slipped off a curb).

IanM

Hope he recovers quickly and isn't in too much pain in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.