• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I was found travelling with a railcard-discounted ticket and no valid railcard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
Hi, I can click on your name, but can't see any option to send you a message privately...?
I've never actually used the private messaging, but I think you want the 'Start a Conversation' option.

I have to say that you were taking a bit of a risk, but you know that now!
I have an old codgers railcard and always try to show it with the ticket but if I forget I'd say I've been asked to show it 75% of the time.
Maybe it's cos I look so young! :)

_toommm_

Established Member
OP what happened please please reply as the same thing happened to me and i was given the sams slip, however used my trainline app to apply the discount for a friend then forgot to take it off for myself , i explained to the woman who said she would issue me a fail to carry ticket and didnt offer me a penalty fare , she said to scan my railcard and send it off within 14 days so she would
Have known i didnt have one as i told her, anyway i bought one straight away and scanned and sent it within the period of time, will it be ok? Or should i contact someone, private message me if you like but pleaseeee reply.

If you bought one after you were caught that puts you in no better of a place - when and where it was bought (if it wasn't online) can be tracked

najaB

Veteran Member
Anyone have the prosecutions department number? I want to try calling them.
Might I suggest that you don't? The reasons being: a) Written communication leaves a clear record, verbal communication less so; b) it's easy to say something that, in hindsight, was better unsaid or differently phrased; and c) they may well not have reached your case yet so you'd only be pressuring them (which makes a favourable outcome that little less likely).

Rose Barker

I ended up speaking to a really nice woman who said it was good I called I asked her a few questions anonymously as they said if the incident was less than four weeks ago they wouldn’t have received it so there was no point using specifics, the questions I asked were just to put my mind at ease and she informed me of some very helpful options that they offer for resolutions and that I shouldn’t worry.

farleigh

I ended up speaking to a really nice woman who said it was good I called I asked her a few questions anonymously as they said if the incident was less than four weeks ago they wouldn’t have received it so there was no point using specifics, the questions I asked were just to put my mind at ease and she informed me of some very helpful options that they offer for resolutions and that I shouldn’t worry.
Good news

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.