• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ICS Files with East Coast Booking Confirmation Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveP29

What has happened to the .ics file you used to get with your booking confirmation email from East Coast.
I made my first booking yesterday since their website was revamped and I didn't get one.

Normally, when the file hasn't been attached to the email, you can go to the full details part of the booking in your bookings and have the details emailed to you. This has also disappeared.

Anyone know what's happening?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
No, I can't help, but it might be worth asking EC for clarification of their on-line ticket booking service.
Its a good question (though for the best results, should be in the Fares, Tickets & Routeing sub-forum !).
Do you want to contact them directly?
East Coast Web Customer Support Team

Tel: 08457 225 111
Text relay service: 18001 08457 225 111
Open Monday to Saturday 08.00 - 20:00; Sunday 10:00 - 20:00

East Coast Customer Relations

Freepost RSRJ-LJCX-GHST
Plymouth
PL4 6AB
Tel: 08457 225 333
Open Monday to Sunday 07.00- 22.00

philjo

Established Member
There was a period when those .ics files were causing my EC confirmation emails to go directly into the spam folder even though I had set rules directing them elsewhere. At one point my ISP was automatically filtering these emails as spam before I received them so never even got them!

However in the last few months the have been arriving normally.

MrJamesBrown

What has happened to the .ics file you used to get with your booking confirmation email from East Coast.
I made my first booking yesterday since their website was revamped and I didn't get one.

Normally, when the file hasn't been attached to the email, you can go to the full details part of the booking in your bookings and have the details emailed to you. This has also disappeared.

Anyone know what's happening?

I made a booking yesterday which has the relevant .ics files

Did you make a booking with reservations?

James

SteveP29

James,
I book to travel from Edinburgh to Newcastle every other weekend for when the mighty Newcastle United are playing at home, also occasional weekends to see friends and family back in the North East.

Did what I always do, log in to my East Coast account, search for journeys and book them (yes, with seat reservations as I prefer to travel East Coast rather than Cross Country), I didn't do anything different to what I always do, so I don't understand why the file wasn't attached to my confirmation email.

MrJamesBrown

James,
I book to travel from Edinburgh to Newcastle every other weekend for when the mighty Newcastle United are playing at home, also occasional weekends to see friends and family back in the North East.

Did what I always do, log in to my East Coast account, search for journeys and book them (yes, with seat reservations as I prefer to travel East Coast rather than Cross Country), I didn't do anything different to what I always do, so I don't understand why the file wasn't attached to my confirmation email.

Hmm that is bizarre.
When you log-in to your East Coast account what does it say??

aelius

I find they are not attached to emails to my iPhone but are to emails to my PC. If I forward the PC email to my iPhone, it is attached. Strange! They are the same emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.