• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Idiot on the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonbridge

Established Member
To quote that old phrase,I thought I'd seen it all......until tonight. Was on a bus which was in the outside lane and stopped at red traffic lights waiting to turn right,some idiot decided to operate the emergency release on the exit doors and jumped off before dodging between the cars on the inside lane and running off along the pavement.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I've never seen anyone do this on a bus in service, but it does sound stupid and dangerous.

I have actually used the emergency door on an Alexander PS bodied Volvo B10M. My friend who was a Veolia driver at the time, had gone off to get some lunch and left me with the bus. I decided to step off for some fresh air but found that the air pressure had dropped and the front doors wouldn't open. Going out the back also avoided the intending passengers, who always wanted to get on the bus 20 minutes before it was due out :lol:

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Caught a megabus plus from Keighley recently. At Bradford some people will an annoyingly noisy child got on. After a while it pulled the emergency door open so the driver had to pull over and reset it.

Don't think I'd have chosen to sit there with a child - but then they didn't seem particularly concerned that it had happened (or about the child at all).

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I have witnessed one of those creatures with only half a brain open the emergency exit while messing around with their mates, and actually fell out of the bus which was hitting at least 40 on a country road.

I'll let you imagine the consequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.