• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

If I already have a Photocard, do I need to present new photos when buying a Two Together railcard?

jamboree7123

Well over a year ago, I previously had bought a Two Together raiilcard which has by now expired. However, the "Photocard" that was issued along with the TT card has no expiration date. If I were to now buy a new Two Together card, can I siimply re-use the same Photocard for it? And if so, does that mean that I wouldn't need to present two new photos when buying the new Two Together card (at a station ticket window)?

The National Rail iinstructions for buying a TT card say you need to provide photos, but I think that's for the Photocard, not the TT card itself, and they don't take into account that possibility that you might already have a pre-existing Photocard. Or do you always have to present photos to buy a TT card, even if you already have a Photocard?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jamboree7123

Providing the second cardholder remains the same, of course. (I'm guessing they probably will, but it doesn't hurt to be explicit.)
Yes, the same person. We both have Photocards (which I always carefully save for future use, even if I don't currently have any railcards).

Snow1964

Established Member
My local station ticket office has been closed again (staff shortage), how do you renew a two together railcard.

Tried GWR help, but they said have to pay full price for both tickets, even though the problem is caused by their lack of staffing, is that correct

JacobWrenn

This is one case where I think Trainline is actually useful - dealing with railcards through their app is really easy and better than the official retail channels in my experience

Snow1964

Established Member
This is one case where I think Trainline is actually useful - dealing with railcards through their app is really easy and better than the official retail channels in my experience
My problem is I have a two together photo card with both photos, but the online application needs new photos (not possible if second person isn't currently here), haven't found a way to bypass the photo requirement if buying online.

Are there online retailers that let you use existing photos, or is it basically do not travel until they bother to reopen the local station ticket office at advertised times

MrJeeves

Established Member
Are there online retailers that let you use existing photos, or is it basically do not travel until they bother to reopen the local station ticket office at advertised times
Most (all?) 3rd party retailers are digital only.

If you really wanted, you could take a picture of your photocard, crop it as needed, and upload that for each person's photo, provided the image is clear enough.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Trainsplit sell railcards and purchasing them online is simple. Took me less than 60 seconds and that included uploading the photos.

I didn't bother to take new photos, just cropped a selfie of myself and a suitable photo I'd already got on my phone of my partner and used those.