• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

If you could travel back in time, what service would you like to travel on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekC

Established Member
Thinking along with you here, particularly re the bolded: I have rather a "thing" about Northern Ireland -- if those in charge of time-travelling would permit it, I'd love to have a few days there in 1929: long enough to cover all the 3ft gauge lines in the Six Counties (getting from one to another on the broad gauge). All said narrow gauge was then still running, with passenger services; except for the Portstewart Tramway which had already gone, but I think I could live without that one. I suppose it would be greedy of me to request inclusion of County Donegal as well...

I think I might accompany you - but could we do a bit south of the Border as well? Seems a pity to miss the West Clare (are ye right there., Michael .....). Anyway how much do trips on this thing cost? It's turning into a touring holiday!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
Well, with time travel being in its infancy, it's fairly pricey -- even for a mere few hours. Worth every penny, though !

Status
Not open for further replies.