• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm Not Blind But...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
180? That's nothing! There are 450 car stops at Surbiton on the 'up' ;)

Or if you want to take 'S car stop' to a whole new level, how about Woking up slow's 'X car stop' :p

Death

Established Member
http://paulbigland.fotopic.net/p52787710.html
Correct me wrong - Does one of those stop signs say "180 Car Stop" ??

Maybe the DFT Are planning for the future. :D
Those carriages must be pretty darn short though...Note that the position of the "180 car stop" board is in the same place as the "VT 8-10 car" one! :lol:
Now if I'm travelling on a "180 car" train that's about the same length as two AXC Voyagers, would I be able to find a seat in amongst all of those couplings? :D:p

Oh...And I've never seen a stopping point for a "450 car" job either...But I've seen stop boards for "442-444 cars" at Farnborough Main plat. 1 (Up/Eastbound) and our platforms are only about 250m long! :shock::lol:

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

.oO(I wonder how fast a 180-car APT with about 18 power cars would be?... ;)<D)

me123

Established Member
In all seriousness, should these not just read "180 stop"? Similar to "HST stop"?

1D53

Established Member
Got rid of them, one is operating for Hull Trains at the moment.

Was out this morning actually, with another two sat on Crofton. They have run two of the out on the same day before now but normally just the one and normally only when a 222 has exams/failure.

thefab444

Established Member
180104 and 180105 out for FGW today, running in multi as booked on 1P35 1031 OXF - PAD... hellfire! :| (was 20 late at Ealing, I suspect due to "a technical problem with the service")

Status
Not open for further replies.