• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Im Returning to Trainz 2004, But have some Questions;

Status
Not open for further replies.

PennineExpress

Hi, I used to have a Huge Westcoastmainline Route on Trainz 2004 many years ago, starting of at Sellafield Nuclear Plant, The Line Then Convoluted to Preston, where I built The Northen Rail Route to Blackpool Where I live. , The line continued as far as Wigan & Manchester Airport. But had a very old 7 year old XP computor, which eventually ground to a halt with all the content I installed in it.

I also bought the Railwaves CD with uk engines, signal pack and the Voyager set.

Now im on Win7 with a much more powerful Graphic card and 4 gig ram, Im now wondering about how to install the items from the railwaves CD, and also any problems im likely to encounter installing 2004 into Win7.

I did try version 2009, but it was so awful, and internal items within Stations, I couldnt seem to move, Trainz 2009 frustratingly, Would only select the Station building, thus all the tracks and the station, was moved and wrecked, instead of the items inside. I heard that 2010 version have new layers, like in photoshop, but heard so many bad comments about 2010 and 2012 having so many bugs, I rather return to the TRS4 Which is being delivered by Amazon today.

The Auraun Forums dont seem very helpful, and no one there Answers any of these questions, which is dissapointing to say the least.:(

If someone here could give me so me guidance on above, since im going to run it on win7 Would be grateful:)

thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
I've recently installed 2004 on my new Win 7 PC and it works fine. You should just be able yo install the payware as normal!

PennineExpress

Thanks Jordy, I did here of some issues, if you didnt run it as administrator, but I always use win7 at default Admin status because of running programs like BF3 & Flight sim X with run as Admin as default setting, mainly because of Add-Ons of Aircraft and scenery.

Just One thing :P

The last version I had, either opened the content manager or object manager as a seperate EXE. Problem, was Trianz Didnt State the Folder It was supposed to go in, It kept asking me Where do I want to install it? I really never come up against a program that doesnt install to the correct program default place!! I Just Picked Trainz.exe On the List, But it never worked, and I never could download any content that showed anywhere. So If it says where do I want to install this again, Where should it actually go? Sorry be so vague, but its 6 years since I last used to use it, so rusty around the Buffers;)

It may have been the 2006 or 2009 version I did try but wasnt very happy with the content tab, which had everything in one long line, After scrolling against the grids behind it, I became very dizzy, and I couldnt really understand how Auran could make a huge content tab, instead of putting content in /Locos/ Buildings/track items/ Vegetation &trees/ UK/Fr/Gr in there own tabs.content. So couldnt use it as made me dizzy everytime tried to find anything. 2004 always had a lot of tabs to find content easily.

Thanks again

Ivo

Established Member
Might I ask something as well?

Is it possible to set 2004 to widescreen at all? It looks rather distorted on my laptop, and for the reasons PennineExpress mentioned I try to limit playtime on my XP - which is nearly eleven years old (we bought it the day XP became available).

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Might I ask something as well?

Is it possible to set 2004 to widescreen at all?
Open the Trainz launcher then select 'Options' from the menu. There should be a tab that contains a drop-down box with a list of screen resolutions - choose the appropriate one. Bear in mind I am basing this on Trainz 2006 and later versions, as I don't own 2004, but have a try

Status
Not open for further replies.