• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm the firestarter, twisted firestarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglejames

Established Member
Putting 37s on top and tailing - it was double header until then. No Selhurst Depot run now, NR have just remembered there's no one on duty. A 92 took us Berkhamsted-Wembley Yard.

Im not going to ask what 92 you were looking at!! When did it have the GM fitted?!!! lol
Oh, it was a case of Selhurst staff deciding 50mins late was too much, so they were going home! Unbeknown to the manager.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Very sad to hearthe driver was injured, i hope he will be fine.

Was just shock thankfully. Which isnt much of a surprise!
Thankfully the window came off worse than the driver! Looks like the drivers head has caused some cracks in the window!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Thanks for that. Re: Selhurst, passengers were only told at Forest Hill on the way there!

junglejames

Established Member
Thanks for that. Re: Selhurst, passengers were only told at Forest Hill on the way there!

They certainly were. South Eastern again showing how accomodating they are!! Wonder when it was the signallers found out.
Just a shame so little panned out as it was meant to on the day.

Tringonometry

I was first one through Northchurch Up Slow Tunnel after the incident and had to examine.

10mph - plenty fast enough!

Nothing to report, thankfully.

Glad to hear that the driver was OK. I hope he managed to get some overtime out of it. ;)

junglejames

Established Member
I was first one through Northchurch Up Slow Tunnel after the incident and had to examine.

10mph - plenty fast enough!

Nothing to report, thankfully.

Glad to hear that the driver was OK. I hope he managed to get some overtime out of it. ;)

How long after did you head through?
You cant cross over onto the fast lines between the tunnels and station can you? Must have been after we left.

Was funny watching all the pendys walking through Berkhamstead at snails pace, Desiros holding up the fast lines!!!

Tringonometry

How long after did you head through?
You cant cross over onto the fast lines between the tunnels and station can you? Must have been after we left.

I suspect they would have had me through ASAP once you'd been carted away. I was stuck at Tring for about 40 minutes in total, I think.

junglejames

Established Member
I suspect they would have had me through ASAP once you'd been carted away. I was stuck at Tring for about 40 minutes in total, I think.

Well the delay was all in a good cause!!! :lol: Why have 2 locos when you can have 3!
40mins seems quite small. You must have been quite a way behind us. So not sure why they didnt get you onto the fast lines.

Tringonometry

40mins seems quite small. You must have been quite a way behind us. So not sure why they didnt get you onto the fast lines.

I was on a Tring terminator. You were already beached in the Up Slow platform at Berko when I went past on the Down Slow. I then got to Tring and changed ends. And waited.

Other than a shunt move ECS at the north end of Tring, there's no way to get across to the Up Fast from the Up and Down Relief at Tring.

junglejames

Established Member
I was on a Tring terminator. You were already beached in the Up Slow platform at Berko when I went past on the Down Slow. I then got to Tring and changed ends. And waited.

Other than a shunt move ECS at the north end of Tring, there's no way to get across to the Up Fast from the Up and Down Relief at Tring.

That explains it. Never realised you had come from London originally. Hope you enjoyed the wait!!!

Tringonometry

Hope you enjoyed the wait!!!

Lovely and quiet, it was! Very few passengers at that time of day - and let's not forget that Tring is very much in the heart of the central portion of the middle of nowhere. :D

Had a nice chat with the driver of a Freightliner that was similarly detained on the Up Slow.

junglejames

Established Member
Lovely and quiet, it was! Very few passengers at that time of day - and let's not forget that Tring is very much in the heart of the central portion of the middle of nowhere. :D

Had a nice chat with the driver of a Freightliner that was similarly detained on the Up Slow.

Oh the thought of delaying all those trains!! That tour was definitely worth while!

4SRKT

Established Member
I'm glad someone has finally stopped going on about the comings and goings on the WCML :)

Status
Not open for further replies.