• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a station...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
Something about one of the boxes in the Great Yarmouth area? Or did I imagine that?

Assuming I'm not going crazy (:lol:), Reedham?

martinsh

Established Member
As always Martinsh gets mine everytime, Nantwich is correct

You should try and make them further away from where you live !!

----------------------------

This station has platforms on two levels, both of which are electrified. On one level there is only one route, and it is served by just one TOC. On the other level it has more routes and is served by 4 (different) TOCs, with another one passing through non stop.

Eagle

Established Member
I am almost entirely served by one type of train (across two classes). My highest platform number is 6, and the longest services that use me are nine cars long.

I am almost entirely served by one type of train (across two classes). My highest platform number is 6, and the longest services that use me are nine cars long.

Funny, I could swear that there was a 10 car daily diagram into Waterloo!

David Goddard

Established Member
A Junction Station serving five (formerly six) routes, operated by four TOCs, but with just three platforms.

martinsh

Established Member
OK. Sorry about the delay.

Like my last station, this station also used to have two levels, but the low level closed in the 1960s, though it is still open for freight.

Four platforms, and is served by 4 TOCs.

Ivo

Established Member
Didn't Warrington Bank Quay formerly have a Low Level?

...Having said that, how many operators serve WBQ? Isn't the answer to this question three?

martinsh

Established Member
Warrington Bank Quay is correct

served by ATW, Virgin and Northern

Oops, forgot Birmingham - Scotland is run by Virgin not Xc, sorry.

PS no clues about value of scrabble letters, or your initials please !:lol:

Ivo

Established Member
OK, I'm a station whose name is worth the following: 3, 1, 1.

No, sorry, never mind :lol: [PAR]

Let's see now:

This station, whose name would sound more at home in a biology lesson than a railway atlas, has a regular but not especially frequent DMU service. During the day all services at this station run between the same two termini; one of these termini is in a far more prominent settlement than the other. This station usually has direct services to precisely one city; by changing either there or a short distance in the other direction, it is also possible to access the local major city.

Status
Not open for further replies.