• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Indian Restaurants in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnolife

Established Member
Hi guys

I'm wondering if anyone knows a reasonably nice Indian restaurant in London, preferably somewhere within one change of Ealing Broadway station, and preferably feeding two of us for less than £40.00

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
The best Indian we've been to in london was one iN St Martin's Lane a couple of years ago. Sadly, I can't remember the name, or how expensive it was but Mrs G says it might have been St Martin's Spice, if that's any help!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Sorry; nowhere near Ealing, but my favourite Indian in London is 'Shikara' on Great Titchfield Street in Fitzrovia (postcode W1W 7PS). It is around the corner from my old flat so I used to go here quite often and have been here with a few forum members on occasions.

Arglwydd Golau

Established Member
Masala Zone - small chain of eight, nearest one to Ealing is Earl's Court. Ate in one in November, very enjoyable, much better than the average Indian food that is normally available. Would thoroughly recommend, they have a website: www.masalazone.com

Last edited:

gnolife

Established Member
Thank you all for your suggestions. Unfortunately, my internet died just after getting Greenback's suggestion, which wouldn't have done us much good anyway, since I've never heard of St Martin's Lane :(
However, that Dishoom place was really good, although we did overspend when we got about 6 puddings :oops: :D

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Café Spice Namaste is probably one of the best Indian restaurants in the UK.

It is however a little bit above the £40 price range! The owner featured on Masterchef a while back.

http://cafespice.co.uk/

IanD

Established Member
Thank you all for your suggestions. Unfortunately, my internet died just after getting Greenback's suggestion, which wouldn't have done us much good anyway, since I've never heard of St Martin's Lane :(
However, that Dishoom place was really good, although we did overspend when we got about 6 puddings :oops: :D

I thought Dishoom was on St Martin's Lane too!

Anyway, for a future trip, there are a couple of Spicy World restaurants near Victoria which are very good. One on Wilton Road (quite large) and one on the corner of Gillingham Street (about 4 tables so quite cosy!).

http://www.spicyworldindian.co.uk/

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator

It's between Leicester Square and Covent garden, it runs roughly south - north adjacent to Charing Cross Road and is home to one of my favourite West End pubs, The Salisbury.

Have a look at Google Maps! :D

I thought Dishoom was on St Martin's Lane too!

It is! A bit further north than St Martin's Spice though!

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Just upon reading this thread about food made me remember this thread which was pieced together very well by Telstarbox and thought I might drop it here, it's very good and lists quite a few places if you are wondering where to go in a specific area. Quite a good list.

(original thread here)

Where are your favourite places to eat/drink near stations when you can't face Pumpkin or Burger King again, even with a Bite Card discount?

Forum members have suggested the following places!
RA indicates that real ale is available. Most Wetherspoons offer real ale even if this isn't indicated in the list.
This is a work in progress - keep posting your favourites, especially places near major terminals and interchanges, and please shout up if you spot any errors.

LONDON ZONE 1

Euston: Chutneys - Indian vegetarian buffet round the corner on Drummond Street, plenty of fresh curry, rice and salads. Near Angel tube there is a similar establishment called Indian Veg on Chapel Market. (Telstarbox)
More curry:
1. Raavi Kebab House on Drummond St, a sort of halfway house between a cafe and restaurant.
2. Palms of Goa , New Cavendish St. Good , traditional Goan vegetarian. (both General Zod)
The Rocket (Scream pub). (Sprinterguy)
Double 6 Cafe, Eversholt Rd - typical greasy spoon but a good, well-priced cafe convenient for the station. I haven't been in a while but I don't think much will have changed. (MattE2010)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.