• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Initial online assessments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon87

Hello

I’m just about to complete the initial online tests for two TOCs that I’ve applied for. What I would like to know is, if I fail one of them (or both) does this count as one of my two lives?

Should also add that one of them is an OPC assessment (magnificent 7 and VSE).

TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GG96LFC

I’ve been told by the OPC that neither of the two tests are part of the two lives. However if you fail either test you can’t apply for the same role at that company for six months, but you are free to apply for the same role at a different company

FastTrax

I’ve been told by the OPC that neither of the two tests are part of the two lives. However if you fail either test you can’t apply for the same role at that company for six months, but you are free to apply for the same role at a different company
sorry but do you mean the SJT does not count towards two lives? thank

GG96LFC

What about an OPC one at home?
From my experience, the only tests done at home via the OPC are the Magnificent 7 Situation Judgment Test and the Visual Search Exercise. I’ve been told by an OPC worker that neither of those will take away a life if you fail them

baz962

Established Member
From my experience, the only tests done at home via the OPC are the Magnificent 7 Situation Judgment Test and the Visual Search Exercise. I’ve been told by an OPC worker that neither of those will take away a life if you fail them
They don't take away a life of the other psychometric tests , but you only get two goes at them. So if you fail the magnificent seven sjt or the vse twice , although they are not part of the main test's , you won't be able to apply to tocs that use them.

Anon87

They don't take away a life of the other psychometric tests , but you only get two goes at them. So if you fail the magnificent seven sjt or the vse twice , although they are not part of the main test's , you won't be able to apply to tocs that use them.
Got you. So if you fail one it takes a life away from the enhanced option.

Does anyone know if the majority of TOCs use enhanced or standard?

baz962

Established Member
Got you. So if you fail one it takes a life away from the enhanced option.

Does anyone know if the majority of TOCs use enhanced or standard?
That's correct. Unfortunately I know some that take enhanced. But I'm not sure which one's don't .

Status
Not open for further replies.