• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Inside Out - BBC South Tonight [28th]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

xc170

I saw it ion BBC midlands today and thourght it was totally biased, they basicly accused XC of not sticking to there framchise promises when they obviously are, anyway what more can XC realistcly do? Nothing!!!

Adam+

laseandre

Established Member
It's "Inside Out" you want, its showing as 1930 here. Something about Winchester, then moves on to XC.

thefab444

Established Member
That would be South Today, at 1830. Inside Out is always at 1930. However, supposedly today's Inside Out is about farmers from Dorset?

Chilled Phill

I second 175fan's comments, XC have very little room to manoeuvre in this situation - basicially, this is just a bunch of pencil-pushers wanting it their own way.

Tbh, this remains me of my Northern Rail debacle (sp?) a month back where I basically told a carriage of angry passengers that Northern could do f all getting an extra unit to ease the overcrowding on a peak-time train. :roll:

Even though I e-mailed the same night with a rather dodgy suggestion on how to "solve" that particular problem which a majority of you guys have already seen...

...I'll probably watch this in due-course on i-Player as us Northerners obviously don't get the BBC South feed. ;) :lol:

Darandio

Established Member
Well that was probably one of the worst pieces of journalism I have ever seen, and we comment on a few rail related ones on here! I did hear, once, them say that basically XC inherited this from Virgin, obviously the length and capacity of the Voyager fleet is the main problem, but not once did I hear anyone mention the amount of problems and red tape there would be for XC to address it in the obvious way, more stock or lengthening.

Then again, can we not compile a list of all 47's currently stored/awaiting scrap, and reintroduce them to service, then again, hold on, lack of coaching stock!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Not watched it but Darandio has given me the rundown on it. As much as I dislike AXC, I don't think it's fair that the BBC hasn't done a fair job on this.

Should I get around to watching this later (and there's a fair chance of that), I'll comment further but from what I've heard of it it sounds very much like a typical BBC production.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It's a shame they chose to interview an expert in crowd control rather than an expert in railways who could have explained the issues much better.

"Back when the Government ran the railways..." what, they still do!

Status
Not open for further replies.