• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Interrail Rail Planner - Missing Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Using the rail planner app that is recommended with the tickets, it has many stations on local lines around Germany missing. Is this a specific error for this area or does this rail planner app only consider the faster trains and exclude some local RE ones?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastwestdivide

Established Member
If you're talking about the Rail Planner app in a predominantly green colour scheme, which has offline timetables, I've noticed typos in station names in the last couple of editions, including LIAGE GUILLEMINS instead of Liège Guillemins. Couldn't see an easy way of contacting them about it, so I let it lie, and as GF said above, turned to bahn.de or the DB app "DB Navigator".

blackfive460

Or even better, have a look at the CG Transit app. (https://www.circlegate.com/cgt).

Yes, you have to pay for the data feed but it's only about a fiver for 12 months, gets updated regularly (generally at least weekly) and once you've downloaded the data it works offline.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Bahn.de is what I ended up using. As you say it is very comprehensive. Only became an issue when entering itineries for reservations.

dutchflyer

Established Member
There is a specific forumsite for all things re IR: rail.cc, run by 2 austrian rail-enthusiasts. Also quite good in telling how to avoid costly supplmts and assure you about pesky REServations. Its aimed mostly at young and dont know anything yet people, but they are happy to respond to anyone.

There is a specific forumsite for all things re IR: rail.cc, run by 2 austrian rail-enthusiasts. Also quite good in telling how to avoid costly supplmts and assure you about pesky REServations. Its aimed mostly at young and dont know anything yet people, but they are happy to respond to anyone.

Ja.. rail.cc is a very useful and underrated site with some really good blog content too, buy your passes through their links and your doing them a favour too to help with the running costs.

Flo (aka RailDude) is from Austria and Pete (who founded the site back in '96) is a Badener from Karlsruhe.

Nice description of the user base! I guess I fit the "young and dont know anything yet people" category..!

Status
Not open for further replies.