• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Inverness Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Just a curiosity for the future sort of thing, anyone here know much about Inverness depot?

Routes signed? Traction? Working patterns etc

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

godfreycomplex

Established Member
Far North and Kyle lines. East to Aberdeen and as far South as Perth I think.
That’s correct, plus obvs Inverness depot. 158/170/HST.
Mostly earlies I believe (as long as the timetable stays roughly the same)

godfreycomplex

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Is it a popular depot?
I believe fairly but not insanely. They were looking for trainees not a million years ago, but previously folk have had to earn their keys elsewhere and wait for a while. Rail traffic only seems to be on the increase round there though, which can only be a good thing. GBRF & DRS are there as well if that’d be of interest

tiptoptaff

Established Member
I believe fairly but not insanely. They were looking for trainees not a million years ago, but previously folk have had to earn their keys elsewhere and wait for a while. Rail traffic only seems to be on the increase round there though, which can only be a good thing. GBRF & DRS are there as well if that’d be of interest
Cheers. I'd do freight, in the long term. It's a few years away yet, at the very least. Is it considered a "rural" depot? I noticed on the ASLEF website the maximum turn lengths and 4day weeks had exceptions for rural depots.

godfreycomplex

Established Member
Cheers. I'd do freight, in the long term. It's a few years away yet, at the very least. Is it considered a "rural" depot? I noticed on the ASLEF website the maximum turn lengths and 4day weeks had exceptions for rural depots.
I believe so. No idea on the weeks I’m afraid but the one Wick and back job they have comes in at close to 10 hours if it runs close time (which is obvs far from a given on a single line)

Status
Not open for further replies.