• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Irish line maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Rothery

Irish line maintenance south county Wexford, Ireland. Look closely at loco front wind screen.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
What am I looking for in particular?

PS could you add an I to the thread title?

randyrippley

Established Member
the guy in the left seat (looking forward) is taking photos, is that what you mean?

lincolnshire

They was both taking photo,s from the driving cab windows, what does that matter?
Its not a car and it can,t get off the rails .

JP Rothery

Behind the lens there was a group of enthusiasts and the drivers where mimicking them, later I was asked to remove video

Last edited:

Ash Bridge

Established Member
It is. Possibly a converted Steam Generator Van that IÉ previously used with the Cravens.

Great to see they've found further use for it, must have a good few years under its belt now. I wonder if it originally started life as a BR vehicle or was purchased from new by IE?

delt1c

Established Member
looks to me like an ex BG with transplanted windows

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Just found some info, its likely it was ex BR BSK 34012 built at Derby in 1952 and converted to a generator van by BREL Derby during 1971, bogies are B5s. Certainly some age to this vehicle then!

delt1c

Established Member
Just shows Mr Ash that is what the quality Grey cells can produce , we sober surfers can run rings those kids any day. Thanks for the reply new it wasn’t an ex BSO or BCK. Just windows were concussing me

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Just shows Mr Ash that is what the quality Grey cells can produce , we sober surfers can run rings those kids any day. Thanks for the reply new it wasn’t an ex BSO or BCK. Just windows were concussing me

Yes you were pretty well spot on with your suggestion there Mr D, having said that a certain publication you left with me some years back helped a great deal with the gen, also hexagon789 certainly set us on the right track initially with his suggestion too.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Great to see they've found further use for it, must have a good few years under its belt now. I wonder if it originally started life as a BR vehicle or was purchased from new by IE?

If it is a former Steam Generator Van, they were converted in about 1983 (I think) from BR Mk1 BCK and BSK iirc, I think they were sent over at the same time as the first Irish Mk3s.

Status
Not open for further replies.