• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is EC At Seat always this Chaotic??

Status
Not open for further replies.

EltonRoad

I had a good experience a couple of months back, travelling from Peterborough to Kingussie. On ordering lunch they let me keep a tab, then after Edinburgh by the time a different crew had taken over, they "waived" the bill and just charged me for what I had for dinner!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
not sure which way round you mean (maybe that's your point)
Yes, that was my point!
Smiles and good humour are infectious - staff or passenger can start it and the other responds. The next thing you know, both a happy to be doing business!

. . . but if you work in customer service, you should take responsibility for making them feel welcome and wanted.
I completely agree that that is the professional responsibility, but it doesn't negate the two-way human interaction (as above). As ainsworth74 replied, its easy to make the first smile or welcoming remark, whichever 'side' we're on.
When we see staff in a tricky situation, its just as easy to take the initiative to make a supportive or light-hearted remark. Maybe it makes their day a little easier. Perhaps it will make it easier to make someone else "feel welcome and wanted" a few minutes later when that other person starts off in a bad mood.

Last edited:

caliwag

No doubt about it, there are some miserable bast++ds out there. I used to assume that they had such crap home lives that they totally begrudged everything aroud them...probably still the same today.

I used to commute FC York KX and, in GNER days, found the staff fantastic, but I did smile...say hello and cheers etc etc and tipped as appropriate.

One lass used to wheel the trolley to the DVT at the cross, and served coffee etc, and took orders, to the point you were eating before Stevenage. Clever girl...on quiet trains she'd bring me spare veg from restaurant, after I'd ordered cheese/ham toasties.

Another was so pleased that I hadn't been wiped out in the Heck crash that she gave me a big hug...weeks later.

One lass was dead keen to marry me!...the chief said "come on pal...she loves you"...as it happens I was engaged.

This of course was all because I smiled and was friendly and tipped, I guess.

Ha ha...give and you'll be rewarded, I guess. Not the way I thought, but there are some tw+ts out there. Once heard a guy loudly firing someone on a mobile...what a c+++t

Status
Not open for further replies.