• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is Railways your No.1 Intrest?

Is railways your no1 intrest?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Established Member
HSTfan!!! said:
westcountry? eughh! I'm a valleys boy and proud (in welsh accent)

You have got a strong Welsh Accent. Stronger than FGWFan's!!!!!!!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I thought that was a place name not a name for a person..... lol. I have never come across any girl with such a name anyway.

Jim said:

why thank you! diolch yn fawr!

evil_hippo

Jim said:

...who last time I met him fervently denied sounding welsh!

I do like the accent, better than American, that's for sure! Seriously, try having to listen to an american accent every day for three months and counting!

evil_hippo

Oh, yes, and there was eezypeezy, who I thought from his accent was welsh when I met him in, despite having spent all his life in the proximity of Newcastle!

tramboy

cachu bant = cheeky so and so?

:D (has to be the only bit of welsh i think i recognise, apart from araf!)

Dave

Craig

Established Member
No it's not, I have other interests too. I don't really put them in rank order though, the one I spend most time on differs depending on lots of things.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Jim, how I have a West Country accent I don't know, having been born in Shrewsbury (hence I can safely argue about the pronounication of it) and brought in towns around the Welsh border and a couple of places in Wales...Maybe it's the West Country Pork Sausage toasted sandwiches off the Travelling Chef menu infecting my speech cords, or the West Country burger...lol :lol:

evil_hippo: Glad you remember my arguing that I'm not Welsh. The sleeper was the perfect place for me to finally get this off my chest, the Rhymney 37 was perhaps not...As mentioned above I was born in jolly good Shrewsbury, an English city that didn't border on being too enormous to explore like Brum. Having been brought up in a couple of places in Wales and others around the border was not through choice of my parents or myself. Where would I have chose to be brought up if I had the choice?

Newcastle, believe it or not.

Anyway, the point is that I'm NOT Welsh, I only live in Wales because Sheffield wouldn't accept me at uni, so I went to Swansea uni, dropped out, moved back to England, moved back to Swansea, dropped out of another course, now working elsewhere, but still in a Pizza Hut. I can't help wonder how different my life would have been if I'd lived in Sheffield...Leeds not that far anyway, nor would be York, Newcastle would be far enough for a daytrip, much easier access to Edinburgh than I have now, MML services to STP, the ECML a stone's throw away...Sometimes I wonder if I'd been better off there, or whether I had the better idea going to South Wales. After all, I was the only person from here to do the Llandrindod Wells 37s because I was the only one to be in a good place for them, I have every line covered in South and Mid Wales, I've seen all the ATW stock, very nearly every bit of FGW stock (just a few carriages left now), attended the naming of 43004, visited nearly every station in South Wales...Still, I'd not have been FGWFan if I was in Sheffield, no doubt I'd be MMLFan. Ugh! (literally shudders at the thought of that) Never mind, what's done is done. At least I can claim to be more knowledgeable in South Wales re: routes, times and usual stock on services...Just 5 months and 11 days until I finish my goal at work, then I can get out of here.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
tramboy said:
cachu bant = cheeky so and so?

:D (has to be the only bit of welsh i think i recognise, apart from araf!)

Dave

close enough! its more along the lines of "f*** you" though

Dave A

I love Wales and Welsh people. In-fact if I wasn't English I'd be Welsh :D After, in no particular order:

American
German
Spanish
Scottish
Irish
Canadian
Australian
Cockney
A cow
Probably more

Then maybe Welsh :P ;) :lol:

Back on-topic :roll:

How can anyone have a NO.1 interest. Is it possible? :?

jdjonnay

Probably:
Bikes and anything mechanical
Going out with mates
Going on the uzzzzzzzzzzzzzt (fits in with railways - sort of)
Photography
Music
Railways

I used to have far far more railway interest, but there's just nothing to be interested in any more, it's all gone!

Jon

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I enjoy music, rugby league (come on you 'ull ;) ), football, F1 motor racing, railways, computing, drama. And, I have to say, I am becoming more interested in girls too. I have several lovely lady friends :D , some living as far away as Liskeard. Sadly this means I can only talk to her on msn :( .

Status
Not open for further replies.