• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is the Scotrail Bargain Berths webpage MIA or RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooby

With Scotrail moving over to the new (improved ?) website, the Baragain Berths requests seem to be directed towats the (hideous) mixing deck.

Is the Bargain Berths webpage MIA or RIP ? If its gone, thats a real shame as it perfoirmed a very useful function, for both the TOC and the custome.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I noticed it the other day when looking for some tickets for January. It would appear that they were integrated into WebTIS displays. For example, some mid-week sleeper journeys are showing £19 prices so I think the old page is gone for good.

Scooby

I noticed it the other day when looking for some tickets for January. It would appear that they were integrated into WebTIS displays. For example, some mid-week sleeper journeys are showing £19 prices so I think the old page is gone for good.

If it is, its a shame, as with the old site you could see at a glance what tickets were on sale for what date, rather than having to trawl through a day by day search..

As an aside, on the old sysyem, you had the option to 'click here' check if slower routes with cheaper tickets are available (something that saved me over £40 on my sleeper booing for next Feb), and which has saved me quite a lot over the years on other booking, but sadly that function has gone as well.

lemonic

As an aside, on the old sysyem, you had the option to 'click here' check if slower routes with cheaper tickets are available (something that saved me over £40 on my sleeper booing for next Feb), and which has saved me quite a lot over the years on other booking, but sadly that function has gone as well.

You can do a similar thing on the new booking engine. Click 'show slower routes' on the left-hand side of the Mixing Deck and you may be able to find cheaper tickets using slower (or alternative) routes.

paulypaul

Hmmm... Where has the option to book an accessible berth gone?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I take it that the 'carer goes free' option has been withdrawn too?

Status
Not open for further replies.