• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

It works both ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexS

Established Member
Well, the Statue of Rhuddlan was passed some 700 years before you were born Bob! England and Wales really have been 1 nation for that long - ever wondered why Wales is called the Principality? Just means that it's a large chunk.

Scotland is a country, I guess the best word for NI is 'region'.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

H

HR2

AlexS said:
Well, the Statue of Rhuddlan was passed some 700 years before you were born Bob! England and Wales really have been 1 nation for that long - ever wondered why Wales is called the Principality? Just means that it's a large chunk.

Scotland is a country, I guess the best word for NI is 'region'.

You try standing in a pub in Cardiff on a friday night and saying that Wales is not a separate country!! Statute or no statute. Doubt if you would get back to England uninjured.

EDIT.. Best word for NI is Province

AlexS

Established Member
HR2 said:
You try standing in a pub in Cardiff on a friday night and saying that Wales is not a separate country!! Statute or no statute. Doubt if you would get back to England uninjured.

EDIT.. Best word for NI is Province

I'd also have to tell them they don't really know anything about their own laws and country :) Not looking good for me is it!

Status
Not open for further replies.