• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

It's not just the railway that doesn't read emails properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

richw

Veteran Member
As we all know certain TOCs send responses to emails clearly cut and pasted unrelated to the original contact, it seems it's the case in other sectors as well.

I emailed asda to compliment a member of staff for his assistance in allergy information, asda have emailed back apologising for the inconvenience and they are unsure why the information wasn't available. It was in the bakery section, and as with Morrisons and tesco there is a sign in asda saying 'please ask a member of staff for allergens' so it seems the customer service are oblivious to process in store

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trog

Established Member
It could be worse we used to use their home delivery service and my wife found by adding up the bill herself that ASDA employed a computer that could not do addition correctly. This happened several times and together with their habit of substituting things that were out of stock even on an account marked no substitutes. Made for a nice cheap shop as I would just ring up and complain every week and get a credit on the account, for the substituted goods and generally a few quid in apology for the numeric errors.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
As we all know certain TOCs send responses to emails clearly cut and pasted unrelated to the original contact, it seems it's the case in other sectors as well.

I emailed asda to compliment a member of staff for his assistance in allergy information, asda have emailed back apologising for the inconvenience and they are unsure why the information wasn't available. It was in the bakery section, and as with Morrisons and tesco there is a sign in asda saying 'please ask a member of staff for allergens' so it seems the customer service are oblivious to process in store

I have had many similar experiences from several different companies. If can be quite funny sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.