• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jacobite 2024 - Class 37/47 Hauled?

AaronHannaway

Hi all. Just thought I'd ask what's happening with the West Coast Railway Class 37s in Fort William at the minute.

From 06/05/2024 'The Jacobite' Timetable has changed to now include the Afternoon Service. It was advertised that this would be cancelled however West Coast Railways have returned it from 06/05/2024. (As advertised). Today it was cancelled due to 'a delay not investigated'. I'm assuming this is due to a low booking number due to the short-notice timetable change.

There are several pathing's for Light Locomotives, 2 Return Services/Day to Mallaig and One Return Service/Day to Arisaig. (Departing in the early evening and returning around 21.30.)

I would like to ask, since i don't know the availability of kettles currently, what stock and locomotives are currently present & operational for West Coast Railways?

Please view the pathing's below.

West Coast Railway Company Departures from Fort William - 06/05/2024

I am particularly interested in the 'Light Locomotive' runs:
0Y67 Fort William to Tom Na Faire Depot
0Y68 Tom Na Faire Depot - Fort William

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

12LDA28C

Established Member
The light loco paths 0Y67/0Y68 and 2Y64/2Y65 to and from Arisaig are 'Q' paths which only run as required and may not be used at all.

47245 has been on the rear of the Jacobite recently with the steam loco on the front although I understand today the steam loco was not available so the 47 worked the Jacobite on its own.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
As far as I'm aware, the Afternoon is presently cancelled until the 27th at the moment.