• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Javelin test event

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
We did more trips when testing Eurostar at St Pancras (although we only went a tiny distance!) and that sounded like a little more fun - complete with the voucher for a free return (standard class) trip to Belgium or France.

Still, I'd have gladly volunteered if I'd known beforehand.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Edvid

Established Member
The Javelin testing was a good way to spend the morning/afternoon IMX. I was also one of the 'lucky' ones to get to the tunnel portal and back during the E* tests :lol:

Last edited:

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Hi All,

I attended this event and am now uploading my pictures to flickr.

We decided that we would get the 0730 Norwich to Colchester service then the 0833 service up to Stratford - transfer to the HS1 line and into STP that way.

We 'checked in' to yellow zone and joined a queue outside the building. We were then ushered into a inside queuing area where Red paralleled us. Waited a while before being directed upstairs and onto the train (395 004 & 025) which was out of passenger use. A couple of people were left behind as they didn't get on intime.

Straight down to Ebbsfleet where TBH we didn't really know what we were meant to be doing. We headed over into the car park, 'Wenlock' and 'Mandiville' the olympic / paralymic mascots came out and a lady came round with a box of pin badges 'one each please' but she kept on coming back offering more! We ended up with about 6!

Confusion amounted when we realised that we didn't know where we were meant to be! We overheard that it would be a 1242 departure, which was correct.

Back aboard the service into STP where we were met by BTP sniffer dogs. Headed off to Boots and Pret a Manger for refreshments. Before back to Stratford for a hour because of the padding in my planning - sat on platform 9/10 took some snaps whilst awaiting the train home.

Got to Colchester to find our connection cancelled so it was a half hour wait, at this time we found that, unless the following train was delayed, we would not be due any delay repay. Luckily we were late in by ONE MIN which brought us up to the half an hour requirement. Sent off the forms today

So yes. That was my day :)

TP

TheJRB

Established Member
It's funny now I think of it. We had no idea about his test event and we got the 11:43 from Ashford to St. Pancras and I must admit, I wondered what all the announcements at St. Pancras were regarding the 'test'. :D

Coming back, the platform signs were mixed up (platform signs said one destination, train said another) and we boarded the first train towards Ashford which had apparently been delayed around 40 minutes. I don't know if the event had anything to do with that!

ushawk

Established Member
Coming back, the platform signs were mixed up (platform signs said one destination, train said another) and we boarded the first train towards Ashford which had apparently been delayed around 40 minutes. I don't know if the event had anything to do with that!

I believe just after the event had finished there was overhead wire problems, lucky that didnt happen during the test :lol:

I believe just after the event had finished there was overhead wire problems, lucky that didnt happen during the test :lol:

I was there for the test, and got stuck in the delays afterwards!

A Eurostar caused a power outage from Ashford International to Thames Tunnel (tunnel between Ebbsfleet and Stratford IIRC) - 20-25 miles of track without power!

1F36 1355 STP-FAV sat at STP until it was given the RA about 20 minutes late, by the time we reached Ebbsfleet we were 72 minutes down! Thank god the train didn't lose power and the air conditioning kept working!

Status
Not open for further replies.