• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Joanne Macguire appointed as ScotRail Chief Operating Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

6Z09

I'm sure that her HR and industrial relations experience will be fully tested in coming months and years!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John Bishop

I’m on the fence with this one. When I first heard the story, I thought it was April 1st, but having thought about it, I think it makes some sense.

we need an outsider with a fresh outlook and ideas to try and drag the railway out of the last century and into the present in all sorts of ways. She is going to have her mettle tested that’s for sure!

ajrm

That view is understandable, but such requirements hugely reduce the number of people available for such a role, and if their knowledge of railway geography is to include Scotland, reduce the number even further. At her level the new COO will not be directly involved in the day to day operation of the railway.

Quite, and as the job description makes clear it ranges widely over 'a spectrum of areas including safety, finance, operations, people and corporate social responsibility'. Many of those skill sets are eminently transferable between industries.

Advert here:

Status
Not open for further replies.