• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Joystick

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisA

I've tried to use my joystick on BVE 4, but nothing happens. I know the hardware is fine, but if anyone could help about what i could do it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Check that your using BVE 4.2 (Latest Version)
Check you have selected Joystick in the Control Settings
Check that your Joystick is Calibrated Properly
Check your Cables
Check anything that I haven't told you to check

The Snap

Established Member
I've done all that, and it works in BVE2.6. However, when I do wha you say above in BVE4.2, the joystick won't work. I can assign the roiute to use the joystick, but the train wont move! :cry: :?:

Guinness

Established Member
Try moving it in all directions. You need the latest version of BVE (4.2) as Mackoy fixed the Joystick Bugs.

If that fails I create an article in the Article Forum about it.

The Snap

Established Member
I'll have a look, I have a Microsoft joystick, which works in BVE2 and Microsoft Combat Flight Sim 3. :D I also moved it in all directions last night, and pressed all the buttons, but nothing. :cry:

The Snap

Established Member
Done! It jurned out I was using BVE4.1, not BVE4.2! :? :oops: :D Anyway, it works now! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.