• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jubilee Line platform edge doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam

Established Member
How does the driver ensure it is safe to close the doors at stations with platform edge doors at stations on the Jubilee extension?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
There are camera screens in the cab of the 96ts :)

They are also in the 95ts

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Track to train CCTV shows images of the platform on a number of lines such as the Jubilee, Central and Northern lines.

Liam

Established Member
I see, thanks. Does anyone have a photo of the screen? Does it show all doors on the same screen at the same time?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It does not show just the doors. I don't have a picture of the exact image, but it shows in the same manner Opo monitors provided on the platform do. Perhaps a Train Operator on the forum, or a senior Jubilee line manager ;) could confirm in more detail. Here is an example of a platform based set of Opo monitors: http://www.railway-technology.com/features/feature_images/feature1611/3-cctv-monitors.jpg, from the District line.

See http://www.squarewheels.org.uk/rly/stock/1996tubeStock/96cabIntLongSotM.jpg for a picture of the monitor in the cab, below the window.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks. That link doesn't work, but I found the cab pictures on the site, thats an interesting site.

You may need to click the link and copy the link out of your browser, and back in a new tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.