• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Junior Driver - DB Cargo UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tz55uk

I spoke to hr today in depth and unfortunately I was told that talent pool is twelve month from when you did last assessments, in my case September, and if you're not been called game over and you need to reapply and do test again, also east and west midlands there are currently no vacancy and when there is it's internal first , so in my eyes it's now best to look elsewhere

Sapra

I currently work for West Mids Trains as a Senior Conductor and are thinking of applying for the role. I was just looking for a little bit more info if possible? I know it varies depot to depot but what would the earliest book on/off be, shift patterns, any requirement to lodge away, typical day, rdw, and any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi mate I work for West Midlands trains at New St, will be good to hear if you suceeded in the junior trainee train driver role, and any details you can give I will really appreciate it.
Thank you

WoollyMammoth

Just read through all of this thread from the start! What a slog! I have just applied to the talent pool for Dartford. Still open at this time. Anyone in the job who has recently gone through the assessments or works for DB I would love any other help you can give me! Please give me a follow or message. Thanks in advance.

Just read through all of this thread from the start! What a slog! I have just applied to the talent pool for Dartford. Still open at this time. Anyone in the job who has recently gone through the assessments or works for DB I would love any other help you can give me! Please give me a follow or message. Thanks in advance.

I've just seen the advert - it seems my job alerts don't work. I've stuck an application in as I've now completed all my assessments so should hopefully just need a DMI. I applied last year for them but had to pull out as because I hadn't done my MMI at the time, they wanted me to resit ALL of the tests, which wasn't a risk I was willing to take. Fingers crossed!

C001

I applied nearly 4 months ago ... done the test exactly 1 month after applying .. passed, Interview exactly a month after again, passed that and job offer 2 weeks after verbally, and now medical in 2 weeks, then it’s just a start date, but I am in the railway already with another company in a non driving role .

WoollyMammoth

I applied nearly 4 months ago ... done the test exactly 1 month after applying .. passed, Interview exactly a month after again, passed that and job offer 2 weeks after verbally, and now medical in 2 weeks, then it’s just a start date, but I am in the railway already with another company in a non driving role .

Nice work well done! Any chance you can PM me please?

Paul Mason

Hi wondered if anyone might have any info please??.
I Applied for the Trainee Driver role in at the start of the year, Had stage 1&2 in Doncaster in May 2019 for Tyne Tees hub. I finally had my DMI Last week but they had made a mistake and scheduled the interview for a Carlisle Trainee Driver Position. Luckily they decided to complete the interview anyway as I was there. I have just found out that I passed the DMI and have been informed "I have been placed in the Talent pool". I understand that its generally a case of Luck due to people moving on signing of new contracts but, I wondered if anyone may know if there could be any positions coming up in the Tyne tees Hub soon??

I have read in other threads of people not hearing anything over the year.

Thanks in advance

Atishyou

I Applied for the Trainee Driver role in at the start of the year, Had stage 1&2 in Doncaster in May 2019 for Tyne Tees hub. I finally had my DMI Last week but they had made a mistake and scheduled the interview for a Carlisle Trainee Driver Position. Luckily they decided to complete the interview anyway as I was there. I have just found out that I passed the DMI and have been informed "I have been placed in the Talent pool". I understand that its generally a case of Luck due to people moving on signing of new contracts but, I wondered if anyone may know if there could be any positions coming up in the Tyne tees Hub soon??

Thanks in advance

That's pretty much it. I may be wrong, but I think they do want new drivers in that hub, although I couldn't say how many and if there are any currently in training.

Good luck, I hope you get some good news soon.

Paul Mason

That's pretty much it. I may be wrong, but I think they do want new drivers in that hub, although I couldn't say how many and if there are any currently in training.

Thanks for your response Atishyou. Well hopefully some positions come up soon! Was rather worried after being scheduled for a Carlisle position and thought they were just going to Fob me off! Hopefully something comes through soon. I actually live closer to most of the Sign on locations in Tyne tees than the Yard itself (Still only 35 mins) so would be ideal!!

Cheers

Paul Mason

Sorry to bother you Atishyou but are you able to shed any light on where the 10 week training is normally performed for that Hub?

Last edited:

I've thrown my hat in the ring for Dartford and just waiting for a DMI - do you know what plans they have for the depot as there was recruitment there last year?

Atishyou

Sorry to bother you Atishyou but are you able to shed any light on where the 10 week training is normally performed for that Hub?

Training is held at a variety of locations, including knottingley, Toton and Didcot. It'd probably be Knottingley, depending on how many other trainees from up north there are. I think you'd be accommodated in a hotel.

Paul Mason

Training is held at a variety of locations, including knottingley, Toton and Didcot. It'd probably be Knottingley, depending on how many other trainees from up north there are. I think you'd be accommodated in a hotel.
Thanks for the info mate greatly appreciated!

Hopefully get something through soon.

C001

Thanks in advance

That’s strange cause Carlisle was done 4 weeks ago in Carlisle and I was there ... I’ve also been offered a job and my medical is next week.

Hammerk

I've thrown my hat in the ring for Dartford and just waiting for a DMI - do you know what plans they have for the depot as there was recruitment there last year?

Hi,
I applied last year, completed the whole process early part of this year, however, still waiting for any news. Just sitting in the talent pool

johnlh

I’m November 18th as well for the Trainee driver role. Been posted to North Kent.

Hammerk

Hi,
May I ask; when did you do your medical and are you an internal candidate?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.