• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Junior Driver - DB Cargo UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigy

Established Member
Trust me when I get the knod for my final interview I'll be there ,the instructor job would only be till I get on as it all seems very slow going at minute, just didn't no if anyone else had heard from west Midlands area
Accept the driver instructor job and then jump ship when DB get back to you if you’ve been successful?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Atishyou

I've been told that there will be a lot of recruitment going on in the coming months for both junior and trainee positions around the Country.

Tz55uk

That what I intend doing ,just didn't now how everyone else is going on the west Midlands side

BallastMonkey

I've been told that there will be a lot of recruitment going on in the coming months for both junior and trainee positions around the Country.

Very strange that they would release junior driver and trainee driver roles simultaneously. Are you an internal Atishyou?

Stigy

Established Member
Very strange that they would release junior driver and trainee driver roles simultaneously. Are you an internal Atishyou?
That’s on the external site, albeit different locations to the Junior Driver role? Maybe they’ve promoted a load of JD hence the Junior driver position, and this drive is just to up the numbers?

Atishyou

I'm not aux fait with all the hub locations, but I do know that not everywhere requires junior drivers (it's basically yard driving jobs where little to no mainline driving takes place), but they still require drivers in the future.

Atishyou

Funny that it says driving in yards and terminals only - is that mainline?

What's funny about it?

It also says 'duties include'. Mainline drivers also drive in terminals and yards, otherwise trains would be dumped on the main line left, right and centre.

As I said earlier, some places don't have junior drivers.

Pete C

What's funny about it?

It also says 'duties include'. Mainline drivers also drive in terminals and yards, otherwise trains would be dumped on the main line left, right and centre.

As I said earlier, some places don't have junior drivers.
Yeah true - I just thought it odd that they don't mention mainline driving at all :)

Stigy

Established Member
Yeah true - I just thought it odd that they don't mention mainline driving at all :)
Haven’t looked in depth, but maybe they accidentally used the same JD for Junior Driver? I noticed the salary is listed as the same ‘starting salary’ too?

Heaps92

Just had my medical and passed that just hope no one's spiked me with drugs haha!

Atishyou

Haven’t looked in depth, but maybe they accidentally used the same JD for Junior Driver? I noticed the salary is listed as the same ‘starting salary’ too?

Funnily enough, I thought the same, because that training salary for a mainline external applicant is a lot more than it was on the last intake!

SiF123

Can anyone advise me if they are in the same position as me (apologies if this has already been answered). I am waiting for my final interview for dB cargo junior driver in the East Midlands area, but it has been almost 6 weeks since the last stage. Has anyone else been interviewed for East Midlands area yet?

Gis a job

Can anyone advise me if they are in the same position as me (apologies if this has already been answered). I am waiting for my final interview for dB cargo junior driver in the East Midlands area, but it has been almost 6 weeks since the last stage. Has anyone else been interviewed for East Midlands area yet?
Yeah exactly the same situation here but for the West Midlands hub.....no further info..... all a little frustrating!!

Heaps92

Yeah exactly the same situation here but for the West Midlands hub.....no further info..... all a little frustrating!!
Think there sorting 1 hub at a time. South Yorkshire hub sorted but all going very fast. They need between 4 and 6 people all through medical before 1st November so people who have to give 1 months notice ate able to so they can go to Toton training on the 3rd December. Next available courses aren't available until after new year I was told. I know this because DB have made me cancel my pre booked annual leave so I can attend the December training

SiF123

Think there sorting 1 hub at a time. South Yorkshire hub sorted but all going very fast. They need between 4 and 6 people all through medical before 1st November so people who have to give 1 months notice ate able to so they can go to Toton training on the 3rd December. Next available courses aren't available until after new year I was told. I know this because DB have made me cancel my pre booked annual leave so I can attend the December training
Thanks for the info, feel better knowing I haven’t just been over looked

Gis a job

Thanks for the info, it all makes sense just would be nice to be told by HR....one email letting us know to expect at least a 2 month wait for the next stage and we all know where we are

DavyC32

I live in Dartford and have applied for Dartford. Is Didcot the nearest training place for Dartford?
Many thanks

DavyC32

Didcot is 100 mile from me.
All accommodation and fuel paid for which is cool. 10 weeks mon-fri not seeing the mrs or kids. To some would be a holiday, to me it would be bloody hard but hopefully worth the slog.

Stigy

Established Member
All accommodation and fuel paid for which is cool. 10 weeks mon-fri not seeing the mrs or kids. To some would be a holiday, to me it would be bloody hard but hopefully worth the slog.
I’d be the same..weighing it up it would be worth it in the long run I guess.

Atishyou

When I did my training, I left home late on a Sunday night, went home on a Tuesday night, travelled back Weds and then went home Friday. That wasn't 100 miles away though.

It's a tough one, but it's just that, 10 weeks. You know the end date of classroom training, you know you'll be home at weekends and it'll be worth it in the end.

Picklebutton

Whats the average wait time from initial application to hearing anything? I applied for JD at Eastleigh - with all my tests passed including DMI with a TOC that I'm now sat in a pool awaiting a course, but no definitive idea of when a course will be available - and then I hear that someone with no tests passed has apparently been invited for an interview for the JD Eastleigh job, but the job is also still being advertised. Makes no sense. Are all TOCs/FOCs this upside down with their recruitment process?

Status
Not open for further replies.