• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Keighley - Nuneaton PRIV day return, Saturday 10th November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello

I'll need to purchase tickets this evening, for travel early tomorrow morning (Saturday 10th November).

I need to travel from Keighley to Nuneaton and back. I already hold an annual season ticket that covers me between Keighley and Leeds.

My outward journey will either be KEI - LDS - (via Nottingham) - LEI - NUN, (preferred) or KEI - LDS - DBY - BHM - NUN. As the first option relies on an unofficial +7 connection at Leeds, I'll need to purchase the tickets before knowing which of these two options I'll be able to use.

My return journey will be NUN - LEI - (via Derby) - LDS - KEI.

Has anyone got any suggestions for the cheapest PRIV tickets that would enable me to travel via all of the options above, so that I can go for the +7 in Leeds on the outward journey, but if I miss it, still travel as per the second option?

Thanks in anticipation!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I know this is late, however for future information and possibly for others looking for similar information:

Leeds - Nuneaton Route Any Permitted Anytime Return is a whopping £26.00

Splitting as follows should help.

Leeds - Sheffield Route Not Via Doncaster Anytime Day Return £3.05
Sheffield - Nottingham Route Any Permitted Anytime Day Return £4.35
Nottingham - Nuneaton Route Any Permitted Anytime Return £6.25

Total: £13.65

This is not the cheapest split, however it is the cheapest I can find that enables you to use any train between Leeds and Sheffield, any train between Sheffield and Derby / Nottingham, and any train between Nottingham / Derby and Nuneaton via either Birmingham or Leicester.

The Sheffield - Nottingham ticket is valid via Derby if you need to go that way, you then switch onto the Nottingham - Nuneaton ticket at Derby going via Birmingham.

On the way back you go via Leicester and can either proceed to Nottingham and back to Sheffield that way, or to Derby, and switch to the ticket back to Sheffield at Derby, as Nuneaton - Leicester - Derby - Nottingham is a permitted route on a Nottingham - Nuneaton ticket, using map EM.

Thanks for that - will be useful for any potential next time and others!

Also useful to know about the Nottingham/Derby validity for next time i'm down that way.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Thanks for that - will be useful for any potential next time and others!

Also useful to know about the Nottingham/Derby validity for next time i'm down that way.

Generally speaking, when approached from a north-south direction, a ticket valid into Nottingham is valid into/via Derby and vice versa. There are some exceptions, although these are limited in number.

Status
Not open for further replies.