• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kirkcaldy-Perth-Glasgow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam

Established Member
Is it valid to travel via Perth on a Kirkcaldy-Glasgow any permitted ticket?

According to www.trainscanbecheaper.info it is, but I'm not so sure.

From KIRKCALDY to GLASGOW QUEEN ST via PERTH
Permitted by map FD
Allowed by easement 030175
37.48m over min distance

Firstly, I've had a look at the ATOC easements PDF, but cannot find easement 030175 and map FD has a gap between Stirling and Perth. Scotrail's mixing desk shows no fares found, national rail shows two singles needed for this journey.

I'm not planning on doing this journey any time soon, just wondering if it is valid this way.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eagle

Established Member
There appears to be no such easement in the online PDFs (although there is a 30173 and a 30176), however it may be one of those "secret" easements that are supposed to be in there to stop booking engines doing weird things.

kieron

Established Member
It is in this online document on ATOC's site.

The easement says "Customers travelling between Ladybank and Dundee may travel via Perth." I don't think it was intended to affect journeys between Kirkcaldy and Glasgow.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Hmmm. It's clearly interpreting the electronic version of the easement incorrectly. I will have a word with the TCBC designer.

I do know that one problem faced is that the electronic version of the routeing guide is now totally different to the published version. Thus a system based on the published routeing guide (such as TCBC) runs a risk of errors when using up to date easement lists designed for the electronic version.

Liam

Established Member
It is in this online document on ATOC's site.

The easement says "Customers travelling between Ladybank and Dundee may travel via Perth." I don't think it was intended to affect journeys between Kirkcaldy and Glasgow.

Thanks, but how is that easement relevant to this journey?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Not as far as I can see.

When you use a third-party routeing engine, always doublecheck with the official Routeing Guide or National Rail Enquiries, or even here. They are not foolproof and are only supposed to be used as tools rather than be taken as gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.