• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Krupps Tunnel locos to St Pancras 1st November 17?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Looks good to see continental rolling stock in the UK.

I stand to be corrected here, but I'm sure some of the VSOE vehicles are actually British built by the likes of Birmingham Railway Carriage & Wagon Co. and Metropolitan Cammell. Whether any are included in the rake behind the class 92 I'm not certain.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TimboM

Established Member
I stand to be corrected here, but I'm sure some of the VSOE vehicles are actually British built by the likes of Birmingham Railway Carriage & Wagon Co. and Metropolitan Cammell. Whether any are included in the rake behind the class 92 I'm not certain.
2869 in the rake was one of the Birmingham built ones. Not sure about any of the others.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
2869 in the rake was one of the Birmingham built ones. Not sure about any of the others.

Cheers for that Tim, so presumably this is the first time since it was built 92 years ago that it has crossed the border back from France to England, very interesting.

TimboM

Established Member
Cheers for that Tim, so presumably this is the first time since it was built 92 years ago that it has crossed the border back from France to England, very interesting.
I'm guessing so - can't recall it ever come through the tunnel before and would be surprised if it was shipped back over before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.