• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lapford station in N gauge.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
You need to reduce the speed limit. The RAIB would not be happy!

I’m going to have to look into that. Probably 30 would be better. ;)

Whatever day of Christmas etc

I’ve got a photo of my Western on my friend Paul’s railway.
I thought this looked suitably seasonal!

F88510B6-D4EF-4DAB-96E6-B1DE83333C9F.jpeg

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The Wayneth Day of Christmas.

Some criminality occurred this morning but luckily Wayne was caught and will be spending a couple of weeks in the nick to reflect on his actions…

146ABFCC-A739-430D-851B-EE1E326E75EE.jpeg

Peter C

Established Member
The Wayneth Day of Christmas.

Some criminality occurred this morning but luckily Wayne was caught and will be spending a couple of weeks in the nick to reflect on his actions…

View attachment 107451
Loving it :lol:
I watched a (the?) Christmas episode of Porridge yesterday so I can only assume he'll be getting up to all sorts of antics - not least being held hostage at some point after trying to make his own alcoholic beverages... ;)

-Peter

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Loving it :lol:
I watched a (the?) Christmas episode of Porridge yesterday so I can only assume he'll be getting up to all sorts of antics - not least being held hostage at some point after trying to make his own alcoholic beverages... ;)

-Peter

Oh definitely. He’ll be digging a tunnel to escape and then digging another tunnel to hide the soil in. ;)

The Baubleth Day of Christmas.

Quite a serious gauging problem today. Not really sure what to about this actually.
Might have to cancel Christmas…

5C36FB59-AE31-47B2-A8B8-20C4FC8E3512.jpeg

20CEC38A-42A0-42DB-A265-FE6A4510B362.jpeg

Peter C

Established Member
Oh definitely. He’ll be digging a tunnel to escape and then digging another tunnel to hide the soil in. ;)
Just make sure he digs both tunnels to the same scale - an N gauge tunnel won't fit the soil from a OO gauge one ;)

Quite a serious gauging problem today. Not really sure what to about this actually.

View attachment 107515

View attachment 107514
Now that is quite the Christmas Countdown conundrum. A simple solution would be for me to shout "go OO" but that sounds like an advertising slogan and wouldn't be all that useful really.
Could you not get a breakdown crane onto the rake, to lift the bauble up and over each bridge? It might take some time but at least the giants of Devon would get their decorations... ;)

-Peter

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Just make sure he digs both tunnels to the same scale - an N gauge tunnel won't fit the soil from a OO gauge one ;)

Now that is quite the Christmas Countdown conundrum. A simple solution would be for me to shout "go OO" but that sounds like an advertising slogan and wouldn't be all that useful really.
Could you not get a breakdown crane onto the rake, to lift the bauble up and over each bridge? It might take some time but at least the giants of Devon would get their decorations... ;)

-Peter

That’s a great idea and sums a lot of what’s good about this section.
Simple solutions to very weird problems. :lol:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
So all you need is 12 mm high Roger Moore preening himself alongside.

As long as he’s got that white suit on…
Of course Roger Moore only had three different types of acting:

Left eyebrow raised.
Right eyebrow raised.
Fighting Jaws…

Ashley Hill

Established Member
Do you know where I could get one of those
Ask the driver if he's finished with his :D
Since being passenger only since 1991 I don't have one to hand.

However....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Ask the driver if he's finished with his :D
Since being passenger only since 1991 I don't have one to hand.

However....
Ah look at that!
It would have helped if I’d read those first.

It's not even strapped down!
It was decided that it was a bad idea, so Vic Berry was phoned and the bauble was dismantled on site and will now be used for washing machines (silver ones).

The Night Before Christmath.

We got a Flux Capacitor for Christmas next year so we used it on Paul’s railway to travel to the 1980s:
AC3C5079-063D-4E32-86E0-3D90DBAE6ABA.jpeg

And the 1950s…
6FA0447E-8BCF-423B-B36A-E0FE3261A06F.jpeg

(if I get one comment about 33s not being painted in triple grey in the 1980s I’m going to send an angry Libyan in a VW van after you)

reddragon

Established Member
Ah look at that!
It would have helped if I’d read those first.

It was decided that it was a bad idea, so Vic Berry was phoned and the bauble was dismantled on site and will now be used for washing machines (silver ones).

The Night Before Christmath.

We got a Flux Capacitor for Christmas next year so we used it on Paul’s railway to travel to the 1980s:
View attachment 107563

(if I get one comment about 33s not being painted in triple grey in the 1980s I’m going to send an angry Libyan in a VW van after you)
I was more worried about the formation of the HST . . . .

hexagon789

Veteran Member

View attachment 107515

View attachment 107514
It'll be fine, just don't use a 31 for haulage... ;)

That buffet’s the wrong way around isn’t it?
No, but the TGS next to it is in the wrong place ;)

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Only 1 and not 2 TFs, buffet reversed, TGS in wrong place, dread to think of the mess beyond! I do see blue / grey . . .
Depends if its a WR or XC set - XC sets had only one TF and the TRSB usually formed with the seating facing Standard Class.

Mixed liveries was quite common in the 1980s.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Only 1 and not 2 TFs, buffet reversed, TGS in wrong place, dread to think of the mess beyond! I do see blue / grey . . .

To be fair I didn’t set that one up it was just one that Paul sent to me the other day. :lol:
But… Taking aside the TGS (which I hadn’t noticed either), weren’t the NE/SW HSTs 2+7 with 1 TF, a buffet (with the seated section next to the TF) 4x TS and a TGS?

Depends if its a WR or XC set - XC sets had only one TF and the TRSB usually formed with the seating facing Standard Class.

Mixed liveries was quite common in the 1980s.

It is a deliberately mixed livery set. At least that was intentional!

Last edited: