• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lea Bridge station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
I went on it lunchtime - last day - Stratford to Tottenham - it was a 2 car Cravens DMU - pretty grubby and ccmpletely empty.

I had to persuade the guard to sell me priv single ticket - about 12p or so.

Taunton

Established Member
I went on it lunchtime - last day - Stratford to Tottenham - it was a 2 car Cravens DMU - pretty grubby and ccmpletely empty.
If it was the same day as the last dmu from North Woolwich (and I think it was), the weekend before the electric units took over, then I didn't ride it but went down to North Woolwich station to see the last departure in the evening. Shadowy figures in front of the dmu just beforehand turned out to have been laying detonators, which doubtless woke the neighbourhood up. They must have been doing so in the dark just inches from the newly laid conductor rail. H&S nowadays would have had a fit.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Used the 1230 off Stratford today and the 1300 back.

About 6 passengers on and off each service - I boosted the numbers by 1 by overhearing a guy on the North London line asking another passenger which bus to get from Homerton to Lea Bridge. He came along with me and his ultimate destination was 150 yards away. He was well pleased.

Done a very nice job on the station - (has new station smell !) - landscaping in the area and banners advertising 5 mins to Stratford or Tottenham. Good signage and bike storage area. This station is going to be a winner - and the area is tansformed from the semi-derelict patch it was in the early 1980's.

Status
Not open for further replies.