• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Learn to code with Dennis - tutorial 3-2 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Established Member
Don't think I actually posted that 3-1 was available - not terribly exciting anyway, just positioning freeobjects. There were some relay cabinets objects included in the objects download. These have railings around the side, H&S warnings and graffiti; possibly a bit more realistic than the standard boxes which I used on the Clarendon route - as always, feel free to use these on any other routes.

Tutorial 3-2 is a bit more interesting, starting to make a tunnel - when complete the landscape will be built up around it, making use of many of the commands not yet covered (eg height, pitch, brightness etc).

The construction method used for the tunnel is equally applicable to arch bridges. It might seem a bit complicated at first glance but once you recognise the patterns present in the code, it will appear quite straightforward.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mintona

Established Member
I'm following you're guide Dennis, and it is excellent! Really teaching me a lot!

Dennis

Established Member
Glad to hear it's of some use - that's the idea! Looking forward to seeing some screenies of original work from anyone who has been learning from this.

Dennis

Established Member
Here is a screenie of the finished tunnel (need the next part of the tutorial to get to this stage - hopefully I'll get this uploaded tonight or tomorrow).

finished_tunnel.JPG

Tom B

Established Member
Screeny! Wow, that's bleddy amazing, looks more like a photo!!

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Screeny! Wow, that's bleddy amazing, looks more like a photo!!

I thought it was until I noticed the green patches at the bottom! :) Excellent Dennis - is that from your new line?

Mintona

Established Member
Dennis said:
Glad to hear it's of some use - that's the idea! Looking forward to seeing some screenies of original work from anyone who has been learning from this.
Oh yes, it has definetly been very helpful! Don't think I'll be releasing my first route for a while yet mind!

Dennis

Established Member
Rich said:
I thought it was until I noticed the green patches at the bottom! :) Excellent Dennis - is that from your new line?

No, not from any new line, just a demo object from the tutorials.

Somewhen I'll finish the Clarendon extension and Devizes line, just seem to keep being sidetracked with other things at the moment.
[EDIT]
158 said:
I Concur!

Look like Brand New Sleepers

The track texture is from an image I took at Dawlish a couple of months ago soon after the track had been relaid, so yes, the sleepers are quite new.

Status
Not open for further replies.