• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Learn to code with Dennis - tutorial 3-4 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Established Member
the next installment is now available at http://www.freewebs.com/dennislance/

This introduces the use of walls and dikes by building a ballast shoulder and a cutting wall on the approach to the tunnel.

Tunnel entrance 3_4.JPG

Be useful to know if anyone experiences framerate problems - some of the textures beng used a quite large although there are few faces being displayed - no problems encountered on my laptop yet.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nutter

I'll be honest with you dennis, i've given up for the time being, looks abit complicated to me ATM, but i've got alot on my mind.

I just want to say it looks absolutley fantastic and hope you keep the tutorials going and on-line. The results are FANTASTIC

Dennis

Established Member
nutter said:
I'll be honest with you dennis, i've given up for the time being, looks abit complicated to me ATM, but i've got alot on my mind.

No worries - it's a resource for the future if needed. Besides, there is a lot more to life than BVE!

Coxster

Established Member
Let me guess - Dawlish tracks and wall from our jaunt down Devon a few months back?

Dennis

Established Member
Coxster said:
Let me guess - Dawlish tracks and wall from our jaunt down Devon a few months back?

Nearly - Dawlish tracks yes, but the wall is from Shaldon; not far off though!

devon_metro

Established Member
Thought it was Shaldon, looks fantastic all the same! Just need to create the whole sea wall now ;)

Coxster

Established Member
Liam said:
Thought it was Shaldon, looks fantastic all the same! Just need to create the whole sea wall now ;)
Don't even know where that is...

devon_metro

Established Member
Well actually it cannot be Shaldon as the Railway runs on the opposite side of the River Teign, which Shaldon is on the opposite side of with an eye-sore(sp?) of a church!

Dennis

Established Member
The texture used is the bit just above the power car in this image

http://dennis-lance.fotopic.net/p31160140.html

Shaldon is indeed on the other side of the Teign from the railway but as the bridge over the estuary from which the shot was taken is known as Shaldon bridge, it seems sensible to call the place Shaldon, unless anyone knows anything different.

Next job on the tutorial route is to create a water front (to demonstrate use of the ground command).

Status
Not open for further replies.