• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Learning about the fares system

Status
Not open for further replies.

HST Power

Established Member
Short of reading through the many cases we have on the forum, or attending a workshop, can anyone recommend some good reading (be it a website or a book) which would help me enhance my knowledge of the fares system?

This is something I have wanted to do for a while. Not for any specific reason, purely out of interest.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Whilst attending one of our Fares Workshops is probably the best way of learning the Guide we recently published is also a good resource if you're looking for some reading.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Is there any reason you are not considering one of our excellent fares workshops?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Is there any reason you are not considering one of our excellent fares workshops?

Not that we're blowing our trumpet or anything :lol:

We really should start getting some testimonials.

HST Power

Established Member
Whilst attending one of our Fares Workshops is probably the best way of learning the Guide we recently published is also a good resource if you're looking for some reading.

Thanks, that should keep me occupied for a while! :)

No, I would like to attend one, but pressing commitments during the past year have limited the time I have had available.

HST Power

Established Member
Many thanks for the responses.

It looks like I should be on a fares workshop on October 12th.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
I know this should really be sent in a PM, but I think it would benefit other members, when is the ticket gallery going live? I've only had limited access when helping out in it and since then there's nothing to suggest it even exists! So any ideas when that's going live?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The ticket gallery project is still in progress. Date of completion not yet known.

Sorry about the delay.

HST Power

Established Member
I have started reading, albeit a little slowly, through the various threads and guides within the ticketing section.

It has so far proved very useful and very interesting. I have particularly enjoyed studying the 'Legal' thread, so a special mention goes to DaveNewcastle for the excellent information he has provided.

I look forward to learning more!

paulypaul

Can I just thank all of you who provide information on ticketing on this forum.

I haven't been able to attend one of your most excellent Fares Workshops due to committments, but I do follow this forum and appreciate all of the hard work that all of you people put into providing help and assistance to those of us seeking value for money fares on the railways.

You explain the variety of ticket types, validity and the routing guide so well and RJ's travels with interesting tickets are always an entertaining read.

So, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.