• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Least Used Station with the Best Service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnr1990

I'll start with Faygate.

It's a station that received just over 10 passengers a day last year, yet gets a regular half hourly weekday Thameslink service right into the core of London.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Unless it's changed recently then Faygate was mostly peak hours only with a couple random extras around midday.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Ravensthorpe has an hourly service (TPE permitting) and additional peak calls on Northern's Leeds to Wigan service. 31k users in the latest figures, so around 30-40 per day (allowing for weekends etc).

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Think similar questions to this are raised every now and then...

Swale (on the Sheerness line) has 37 trains calling daily during the week. Under 30 passengers per day based on latest stats.

Breich in Scotland has 35 trains calling per day, and maybe a grand total of ten passengers per day.

Previous thread here...

steamybrian

Established Member
I will nominate Beltring whose service frequency was increased on December 11th from hourly to half hourly all day service.
It has around 10,000 passengers per annum. I will leave the readers to calculate the statistics.
Whenever I have used trains that I have stopped at the station there are rarely any passengers using the station. In my over 40 years of living nearby in Kent I have used the station once.

Basil Jet

On Moderation
Can I suggest that the quantity (passengers per annum / trains per annum) be calculated to give (passengers per train), and the station with the smallest result is the winner?

Status
Not open for further replies.